Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Billy joe is gonna fight Canelo the same night in the US and they both have Ben Davison as their trainer. I dont see top rank letting their new investment go into a fight without his trainer in his corner, especially when they have 2 massive money fights lined up for him in Ramirez then Crawford. Cant take the risk of Davison not being in the corner. As soon as BJS v Canelo gets announced, then Taylor will pull out injured soon after.

Fair. I’m thinking that BJS v Canelo on “cinco de Mayo” was pretty obvious prior to Taylor signing his agreement it won’t affect it. Given that josh should best Khongsong anyway he could one of us in his corner, win and move on to the next one. We’ll see though.

3 hours ago, Stevieda said:
3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

What are you basing that on?

Billy joe is gonna fight Canelo the same night in the US and they both have Ben Davison as their trainer. I dont see top rank letting their new investment go into a fight without his trainer in his corner, especially when they have 2 massive money fights lined up for him in Ramirez then Crawford. Cant take the risk of Davison not being in the corner. As soon as BJS v Canelo gets announced, then Taylor will pull out injured soon after.

Nonsense.  You've clearly read that elsewhere and taken it as gospel.   

Nonsense.  You've clearly read that elsewhere and taken it as gospel.   
Hmmm...or I actually know what I'm talking about, just like when I said Josh would go to Top Rank.

While I'm predicting things Fury v Joshua will be arranged as a trilogy with the first fight in Saudi but one of the fights in England. Matchroom will go to DAZN and MTK will set up a promotion and get the Sky contract.

Maybe I just read all that somewhere though and have taken it as gospel.

11 hours ago, Stevieda said:

Hmmm...or I actually know what I'm talking about, just like when I said Josh would go to Top Rank.

While I'm predicting things Fury v Joshua will be arranged as a trilogy with the first fight in Saudi but one of the fights in England. Matchroom will go to DAZN and MTK will set up a promotion and get the Sky contract.

Maybe I just read all that somewhere though and have taken it as gospel.

Maybe you do but I heard all the above on a couple of boxing podcasts this week.  

7 hours ago, Stevieda said:
8 hours ago, LargsTON said:
Maybe you do but I heard all the above on a couple of boxing podcasts this week.  

Which podcasts?

I listen to fight night on talksport, toe to toe and 5live.  One or more of them, I canny mind.  Saudi and the trilogy was specifically mentioned.

Muhammad Ali v Evander Holyfield in the WBSS tonight at 5pm live on the WBSS Facebook page. Not sure if there's a betting market available.

Other quarter final matches are (all 5pm) -
Lennox Lewis v Joe Frasier (Tues)
Mike Tyson v Butterbean (Wed)
George Foreman v David Haye (Thu)

Semi finals are Friday & Saturday with the final on Sunday.

In case it's not obvious, I'm struggling with the lack of boxing already.