Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I dint mind Wilder Fury 3, but I think Wilder should have went for at least one fight before facing Fury again.

Or agree to step aside for AJ v Fury on the condition he gets the winner straight away.

Tough ask to negotiate that of course but I think Fury v Wilder 3 needs built a wee bit.

The fighters are always going to choose PPV if that's an option. Sky aren't going to pay anywhere near what even 100,000 PPV sales generate. 
Do you want to fight for 250k or £1m. It's not a hard decision to make. 
Thanks for that Bert Sugar

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Detournement said:
The fighters are always going to choose PPV if that's an option. Sky aren't going to pay anywhere near what even 100,000 PPV sales generate. 
Do you want to fight for 250k or £1m. It's not a hard decision to make. 

Thanks for that Bert Sugar

Moaning about fights being on PPV is as daft as people who still complain about the split in the Premiership.

PPV is the funding model to make any decent sized fight now. 

DAZN getting launched in the uk.... bad news for sky sports

Matchroom UK & AJ locked in a deal with sky until 2021. Presume the international fight nights, like we had at the weekend, will now be DAZN rather than sky sports. See where we are at the end of this year.

Matchroom UK & AJ locked in a deal with sky until 2021. Presume the international fight nights, like we had at the weekend, will now be DAZN rather than sky sports. See where we are at the end of this year.

Yeah it’ll just be reversed like in the states. Ideally having no PPV events here would save me a bit of cash even if it’s really well scheduled I’d happily pay the subscription.

Yeah it’ll just be reversed like in the states. Ideally having no PPV events here would save me a bit of cash even if it’s really well scheduled I’d happily pay the subscription.

That’s true, I’m interested to see if it’ll just be subscription and no ppv. I’m not paying a subscription for cards I’d usually just record then watch in the morning though - don’t know if it’s even possible to record via DAZN?

That’s true, I’m interested to see if it’ll just be subscription and no ppv. I’m not paying a subscription for cards I’d usually just record then watch in the morning though - don’t know if it’s even possible to record via DAZN?

I’m not sure if you can record to be honest. Hopefully it’s a stand alone thing and not have say an AJ fight as PPV. I loved the Garcia card last week, was the best card I’ve watched in a while.

I've got DAZN here in Spain and it is excellent. For boxing, it shows all the sky cards and PPV's with no extra fee. They also have the rights to EPL, South American football, UFC, darts, etc for less than a tenner a month. 

9 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Have to assume that a good chunk of Eddie's fighters will be exclusive to Sky in the UK.

They're not, they're signed to Matchroom. Once Matchrooms exclusive deal with Sky runs out they can fight on any channel they want.