Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

His jab is clearly better than poor to average. He has dominated half a dozen top ten HWs behind it.
AJ hasn't ducked anyone. Fury is the one fighting bums. 
Fury's jab is streets ahead of Joshua's and actually does damage like it's supposed to do. When Joshua isn't getting it all his own way he's just throws his jab out hoping it will hit rather than hurt.
It other words his jab is poor to average.

Last night was the first time Fury has done any damage since the Chisora fight. 
AJ's jab dominated Parker, Takam amongst others. Watching his fights it's clearly good enough to stop his opponents throwing much back. Fury was getting scudded by Wallin. 
Joshua got scudded about from a fat Mexican. He'll defo get scudded about by a 6ft 9 gypsy.

Sorry but styles do make fights, Fury was all wrong for wilder however I was surprised by his punch resistance as it seemed very very low, fair play to Fury tho as he bullied him. Fury v AJ will be a much better fight as he won’t be able to bully AJ, far superior boxer but AJ can afford to come forward, against shorter fighters he struggles, Povetkin, Takam and Ruiz all have him issues.

Whatever happens I just hope we get to see it but Fury has went on record to say he is going to freeze AJ out.... we’ll end up hearing that he’s now undisputed because he never lost his belts in the ring!!!!!

Great win for Fury last night but give us the fight we all want!

I’ve been quiet on this but Hearn backtracked within one interview on talksport yesterday morning.

Started the conversation saying “it’s got to happen next, we need to get it done in the summer” and by the end of the conversation he was saying “well we need to get Pulev out the way in the summer, then the winner of Uysk and Whyte will be mandatory, then we’ll see what happens”. (I’m paraphrasing because I can’t be bothered getting exact quotes.

Presuming he got a Text off AJ half way through the chat saying “Mate, I don’t want anything to do with what Fury was doing tonight, I can’t get embarrassed again or it’s over”.

Fury in that form walks all over AJ.

Don’t think the fight will happen, certainly not this year. Will be interesting to see if Wilder wants a rematch. Really, Saturday was his rematch and IMO he’s been comprehensively beaten twice by Fury, what makes him think he will win a rematch?

I dont get the lack of respect for fury. AJ struggled against Klitschko yet Fury domi ated him but gets no credit.
AJ is the media darling because astheticly he looks the part for sponsors etc.
Fury vs Joshua is a miss match AJ is the Hamed of the heavyweight division. Hes avoided anyone dangerous and yet still struggled against Ruiz.
Fury has had to go out and take people on.
Its heavyweight so yes AJ could knock him out but in terms of boxing skill hes not even close.

I’ve been quiet on this but Hearn backtracked within one interview on talksport yesterday morning.

Started the conversation saying “it’s got to happen next, we need to get it done in the summer” and by the end of the conversation he was saying “well we need to get Pulev out the way in the summer, then the winner of Uysk and Whyte will be mandatory, then we’ll see what happens”. (I’m paraphrasing because I can’t be bothered getting exact quotes.

Presuming he got a Text off AJ half way through the chat saying “Mate, I don’t want anything to do with what Fury was doing tonight, I can’t get embarrassed again or it’s over”.

Fury in that form walks all over AJ.

Don’t think the fight will happen, certainly not this year. Will be interesting to see if Wilder wants a rematch. Really, Saturday was his rematch and IMO he’s been comprehensively beaten twice by Fury, what makes him think he will win a rematch?
Proves my point AJ is getting protected.

I suppose you could argue that but you cant argue that AJ has avoided Wilder and Fury deliberately. He has also been lucky that Fury had his mental health problems and had to give up the titles.
It's great that the uk has so much talent thought. I dont dislike aj just that i want to see the best man have the belts and fury isn't getting a fair shot.

19 hours ago, Dele said:

Fury will rematch Wilder. The winner will get a shot at the three titles Joshua holds, ultimately ending in failure. 

Considering I reckon Wilder would knock Joshua out I've no idea what you base that on.  Fury will simply beat Joshua up for as long as the fight lasts, similar to Saturday night.  He's just too good.

5 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Considering I reckon Wilder would knock Joshua out I've no idea what you base that on.  

Considering I think Joshua will knock Wilder out, I've no idea what you base that on. 

(We could do this for a while, I'm telling you now though that it won't be enjoyable) 

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

Considering I think Joshua will knock Wilder out, I've no idea what you base that on. 

(We could do this for a while, I'm telling you now though that it won't be enjoyable) 

Of course AJ could knock Wilder out but he doesn't have the defensive ability to keep him off like Fury did.   For that reason alone I think he'd land on AJ and its game over.  

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

It was a two year drug ban not mental health issues. 

H_B scrambling for attention and embarrassing himself all over the place as usual. 

Give me the exact timeline of when this ban was applied (not backdated) and how that impacted him losing the IBF belt and then not taking the Klitschko rematch please.

I'd also highly recommend watching the face off box nation episode for the Klitschko rematch and ask if there are any mental health issues that impacted his career at that precise moment which was being referenced in the previous post. 

There are legitimate questions about the nandrolone in his system, but to suggest this was the sole reason for his absence is at best wrong and at worst, snidey as f**k and an attempt to downplay a remarkable effort in coming back from where he was.