Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

It was a good performance from Joshua, still clear flaws like backing away in straight lines and his footwork is certainly not elite.

Pretty disgraceful from Ruiz the shape he came in and Joshua should have been putting him away given the state of him.

You would imagine he will try and go the Pulev route next. 

Thought Ruiz was an embarrassment - but hey, would I have been any different if I became a multi millionaire World Champion overnight? I probably wouldn't have been cleared to fight.

Joshua easily outclassed him but I can't see him living with Wilder's power and I don't think he's crafty enough to work out the puzzle of Tyson Fury in 12 rounds. Pulev would be a good match up and (should be) a fairly straightforward defence.

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Next fight is likely to be Dillian Whyte first....

4 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

He will be ordered to fight pulev

It's Pulev/Usyk in any particular order before any further volountary/unification aspirations, & that's before the WBA have their say also (Usyk ranked 2, behind Manuel Charr -Regular & Trevor Bryan-interim).

Edited by kiddy

It's Pulev/Usyk in any particular order before any further volountary/unification aspirations, & that's before the WBA have their say also (Usyk ranked 2, behind Manuel Charr -Regular & Trevor Bryan-interim).

I’m hearing he has to fight both within 6 months so vacating one is a dead cert, so undisputed isn’t going to happen anytime soon.

So can anyone actually see Fury v Wilder 2 actually going ahead on February 22nd? They are both talking as if its happening without anything actually being announced. I can't see it myself, even talk now of Wilder fighting Ruiz.

Joe Joyce fighting Huck for the European title in Germany on January 11th. Winner of that will be in the mix for a title fight too.