Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

That was a very intelligent and disciplined performance. Sure, it didn’t have the drama of the first fight but i can appreciate Joshua has adapted and boxed very well, and that’s what he had to do.
Can’t see him pulling that off against Wilder, but reckon he’d need to if he wants to unify the titles.

I had Joshua 9-3.

But god, he didn't want to engage. He used his huge height difference effectively and jabbed to a win. I think he'll find Wilder and Fury challenges he'll struggle to find answers for.

Though tonight highlighted just what a freak Wilder is. AJ, a very fit, 6ft 6 guy unloads a straight right on Ruiz and puts a wee nick in the corner of his eye. The lighter Wilder does that and folks’ eyes are rolling back in their heads as they fall to the ground.

Fury is credited to be the best heavyweight out there in performances very similar to what AJ produced tonight yet he’s slated..... double standards.

People just want to see him fail and when he puts on what can only be described as a boxing lesson people try to poke holes in it because he’s won a fight in a way most people think he wasn’t capable of. Excellent skill set on display tonight.

Fury is credited to be the best heavyweight out there in performances very similar to what AJ produced tonight yet he’s slated..... double standards.

People just want to see him fail and when he puts on what can only be described as a boxing lesson people try to poke holes in it because he’s won a fight in a way most people think he wasn’t capable of. Excellent skill set on display tonight.

Fury is a far better boxer than Joshua and would have done the same to Ruiz and probably not have had a glove laid on him. It’s just levels.

Fury is a far better boxer than Joshua and would have done the same to Ruiz and probably not have had a glove laid on him. It’s just levels.

Ruiz is far far better than the 2 lumps in Fury’s last 2 fights.

AJ is boring now because he actually used boxing ability to win a fight.... the hypocrisy from people is unbelievable. Credit where credit is due, he was great tonight.

See that card...not a fighting man on it, bum dossers. Not a problem to a man like me. Not a problem. I’m a fighting man, the best of the lot is stiff as board. Not a problem. Not a problem for me. I’m a fighting man.

Fury for the next 9 months.

Furys last opponent laid a few gloves on him , and Ruiz is a far better boxer than him. Was a dull fight but joshua was never likely to make the same mistakes as last fight.

Ruiz is far far better than the 2 lumps in Fury’s last 2 fights.

AJ is boring now because he actually used boxing ability to win a fight.... the hypocrisy from people is unbelievable. Credit where credit is due, he was great tonight.

I gave him loads of credit if you actually read back. It wasn’t a masterclass, he made mistakes and Ruiz didn’t punish them enough. He controlled the distance well with his jab and mostly avoided trading and did the job he had to do. It was effective.

Fury and Wilder are different though because they’re not smaller than Joshua and Wilder only needs one or two to land (plenty more than that landed on Joshua tonight) and Fury is a significantly taller, better boxer than Joshua. Styles makes fights, it’s okay to compare him to Fury and Wilder.

I gave him loads of credit if you actually read back. It wasn’t a masterclass, he made mistakes and Ruiz didn’t punish them enough. He controlled the distance well with his jab and mostly avoided trading and did the job he had to do. It was effective.

Fury and Wilder are different though because they’re not smaller than Joshua and Wilder only needs one or two to land (plenty more than that landed on Joshua tonight) and Fury is a significantly taller, better boxer than Joshua. Styles makes fights, it’s okay to compare him to Fury and Wilder.

No way Fury has the power to concern AJ, I do think wilder beats AJ because like you say he’ll land and AJ beats Fury.

Fights won’t happen anyway