Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Just now, ICTChris said:

Yep, another JOshua round.  OVerall I'd score it 118-110 for Joshua.  You could easily make a case for it being 120-108.

You "easily" couldn't. There were 2 clear Ruiz rounds. Comfortable though, I had it 9-2-1 Joshua.

A dreadful night for boxing all round with the blatant sportswashing, a card filled with cheats and horrific squash float matches.

Congrats to Joshua tho.

AJ used his reach to jab bore to victory imo.
However he looks vulnerable to a big punch which Ruiz failed to deliver.
Not impressed tbh...
I don't particularly rate Joshua but that was by far the best boxing display of his career IMO.

He worked the jab perfectly. Are folk expecting him to come out swinging and get sparked again?

Easy win for Joshua, only way he could do it tbf.
Still let Ruiz get enough shots in to make you think Wilder could nail him.

Didn’t think Joshua had the patience or stamina to pull that off. He did have a fee shakey moments but managed to do it for 12 rounds and not let Ruiz in close. Wilder and Fury is totally different because they’re bigger/the same size as Joshua so it’s harder to dictate the range.

I don't particularly rate Joshua but that was by far the best boxing display of his career IMO.

He worked the jab perfectly. Are folk expecting him to come out swinging and get sparked again?

Performances like that at the top level do little for the sport though..

Performances like what? Outboxing him in every round bar 2?

I'm by no means any sort of Joshua fan boy but he quite clearly outboxed Ruiz with ease there. A smart performance.

Did I disagree that AJ won comfortably?

He jabbed his way through and used his reach.

However if it had been a true rumble I think Ruiz would have taken him.

Not an impressive champion....

Performances like that at the top level do little for the sport though..

It wasn’t a boxing masterclass like the Sky lot are making out. He made several mistakes, got caught every time he came in close and his footwork on the back foot was dodgy again. But his jab, control of range and his discipline (for the most part) was excellent and when something is clearly working, there’s no point going into close range with Ruiz (where he excels) and getting caught. He did do this a few times but it wasn’t enough for Ruiz to hurt him. I had it 10-2 to Joshua who did what he had to do.