Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

56 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I’m not sure how, when you’ll be weighting yourself through camp, you could accidentally come in 2 stone heavier than planned emoji23.png

I had a quick read back and I couldn't see where anyone suggested he had accidentally come in heavier 🤔

Edited by BingMcCrosby

If you fancy Joshua to KO Ruiz and are having a bet on this then go to William Hill. They're going best price for round betting, which means you could cover all 12 rounds and make profit, with their lowest price 14/1 and hope it's an early or late KO as the prices range frim 28/1-40/1.

Same applies if you think Ruiz will knock him out.

I have put a bet on Ruiz to win in rounds 4-6 and also a bet on Joshua to win in rounds 1-3.

To be absolutely honest though I’ve no idea. I can envisage scenarios where either man could win. If I had to choose I’ll pick Ruiz, based on how much he outclassed AJ last time.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I fancy Joshua tbh, the amount of disrespect he showed with regards to Ruiz last time doesn't happen again, he can only be better prepared. 

He was still talking about how he hasn't been preparing for Ruiz, and believes if he gets himself right then he'll win regardless, hope for his sake it was a bluff.

Chucked my money in the bin with a "Ruiz to be knocked down in 1-5, Ruiz to win by KO/TKO in 6-12" bet at 9/1. Surely won't happen again but worth a pop at that price.

Can’t see Joshua winning he’s an all straight up and down fighter, has only got straight shots. Ruiz has much more in his locker in terms of boxing skill and stamina.

Ruiz always keeps a moving target so Joshua won’t often connect with big volume flurries which is what he usually needs to win a fight. Joshua needs to become harder to hit otherwise it’ll be easy work for Ruiz.

Ruiz is pretty good value to win with the bookies considering his performance in the first fight. He looks in better shape despite the extra weight too so I’m going to have a wee punt on Ruiz to win by knockout/tko or DQ, although I’m as clueless as anyone as to how this will go.

I fancy Joshua tbh, the amount of disrespect he showed with regards to Ruiz last time doesn't happen again, he can only be better prepared. 

It had almost nothing to do with disrespect, and everything to do with Ruiz style and skill set being all wrong for the obvious flaws that were in Joshua’s game at the time of the first fight. Joshua alphas always kept his right hand low, especially after throwing it, and has pretty plodding footwork. Ruiz ability to pressure him, throw combinations and throw big, accurate counters was Joshua’s downfall.

The question tonight is whether one camp will have been enough to address the gaps. Ruiz weight gain appears to be a red herring as he looks more toned this time round than last. Could go literally either way, especially if Joshua’s cardio is good enough to keep Ruiz on the end of his jab, but think Ruiz by KO has the most value in it.

It had almost nothing to do with disrespect, and everything to do with Ruiz style and skill set being all wrong for the obvious flaws that were in Joshua’s game at the time of the first fight. Joshua alphas always kept his right hand low, especially after throwing it, and has pretty plodding footwork. Ruiz ability to pressure him, throw combinations and throw big, accurate counters was Joshua’s downfall.

The question tonight is whether one camp will have been enough to address the gaps. Ruiz weight gain appears to be a red herring as he looks more toned this time round than last. Could go literally either way, especially if Joshua’s cardio is good enough to keep Ruiz on the end of his jab, but think Ruiz by KO has the most value in it.

Absolutely. In fact there aren’t many fights I can think of where lack of respect has determined a winner. It’s just a soundbite rolled out when a heavy favourite loses, and it would be worrying if anyone in Joshua’s camp believes it.

Dillian Whyte once said “Wilder has knocked every man out apart from Fury because he’s fought nobody, if I fought all those guys I’d be 40-0 with 40 knockouts too.”

A man who failed to stop the White Rhino and a washed Robert Helenius. A man who laboured to a British stoppage over a cruiserweight journeyman, and did the same against Ian fucking Lewison. Now he’s gone life and death with punch bag Wach. What an absolute shitshow.

Feed him to Wilder please, see what he’s got to say after that.