Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Detournement said:
Fury has put up a video shadow boxing in his living room. No one does that sober emoji23.png

Boxers do m8.

George Groves would moan about rooming with Josh Taylor as he’d be up shadow boxing in the middle of the night.

George Groves would moan about rooming with Josh Taylor as he’d be up shadow boxing in the middle of the night.
Most boxers of any decent level would tell you shadow boxing is absolutely key to training at any level. Absolutely crucial for muscle memory and given it can be done alone, theres simply no excuse not to do it. Nothing unusual whatsoever about Fury doing it.

Dillian Whyte appears to have signed up to fight a giant. 

Mariusz Wach, who has probably the best chin I have ever seen in boxing. His problem is that he just lets people repeatedly punch him in the head and gets himself stopped (see Bakole and Miller fights). His other stoppage loss was against Povetkin where the doctor recommended the fight go to the cards in the 11th (or 12th?) round but Wach said there was no point as he was clearly 11 rounds down and quit, resulting in a TKO.

The amount of constant punches he took from Wlad over 12 rounds in their title fight was fucking crazy.

Ruiz probably figures he'll be faster than Joshua anyway.
Could be another really rough night for Joshua. Hope I'm wrong as more chance of big fights if Joshua gets belts back rather than Ruiz getting his head took off from Wilder.

Really looking forward to this one and it’s a tough one to call. Ruiz actually looks in pretty good shape with the extra weight. Big test for Joshua.

I read Ruiz was aiming to come in around the same weight as last time so he’s over done the tacos a bit and it makes him second heaviest heavyweight of all time to defend a title.

A lot of former pros and commentators seem to be going with Ruiz again by knockout, owing to Joshua just struggling against this size and style of boxer. Could be a Lewis v Rahman 2 though and Joshua will do the business.

Reckon Ruiz is actually totally trying to mind f**k AJ with this. He admitted wearing the new York knicks top to remind Joshua of last fight.

Reckon in reality he is similar weight he was for last fight and better conditioned. Wouldn't put it past him to have eaten and drank a shit load of water and stuck some ankle weights on before the weigh in. He loves the mind games.

Reckon Ruiz is actually totally trying to mind f**k AJ with this. He admitted wearing the new York knicks top to remind Joshua of last fight.

Reckon in reality he is similar weight he was for last fight and better conditioned. Wouldn't put it past him to have eaten and drank a shit load of water and stuck some ankle weights on before the weigh in. He loves the mind games.

He’s openly said he has a massive lunch just before the weight in. Looking at him he’s clearly in better shape than the first fight.

1 hour ago, dundeefc1783 said:

I was struggling to pick a winner for this, could see either getting knocked out.

Now ruiz has came in heavier I cant see it as anything but being under prepared.

Some people think it's a tactical masterplan, which is fair enough. But I just can't see it. I think hes hit the jackpot and got lazy.

Joshua has done the right thing and looks more like a boxer. Can only help him.

Really think joshua will KO him easy this time.