Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Someone’s going to have to explain those scorecards to me. I can not justify Lee McGregor winning that from the fight I’ve just seen.

Class fight and two quality fighters who I fully expect to be world champions, but Farooq won that.
Totally agree

Taking into account the point off that last judge is scoring that 8-4. That's bullshit

11 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I remember a guy (can’t mind who) came on here a couple of years back saying he trained with Farooq and that he was the real deal. Said he’d beat McGregor too. Fair play to that guy.

He was wrong though.

So allowing for the fact that McGregor was docked a point, none of the 3 judges actually thought Farooq won that fight - the best that he got was a draw from them.

I find that amazing as IMO Farooq won that fight quite comfortably.  McGregor spent half the fight holding onto Farooq.

Edited by paul wright scores

Watched it last night but not paying full attention, thought the 115-112 card was murder though.
Watched it again there and I’m buzzing McGregor won but I think Farooq probably should have got the nod.
A quality fight like that on free to watch tv as well. Tremendous stuff.

On 17/11/2019 at 14:03, paul wright scores said:

So allowing for the fact that McGregor was docked a point, none of the 3 judges actually thought Farooq won that fight - the best that he got was a draw from them.

I find that amazing as IMO Farooq won that fight quite comfortably.  McGregor spent half the fight holding onto Farooq.

How long did it take for Victor Loughlin to dock the point as well?

As an aside, why wasn't the McGregor/Farooq fight on BBC1? Missed a great chance to put a top class fight on & get Boxing back on the State Broadcasters main  channel at prime time on a Saturday night. Oh, & a chance to hear this again.