Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Not really tbh. It’s more of a dream fight but they are only two weights apart.

IMO Loma is already flitting with his ceiling in terms of weight. Crawford is where he should be but no way could he go down.

Its only 2 weight classes but the size difference would be enormous

I'll not be ordering that and if I was, not sure I'd be admitting it either. Unless I'm missing something, 23rd is the next time I'll be in here for Callum Smith fight and Wilder vs Ortiz 2.

McGregor Farooq next weekend.

BJS with a poor performance but getting the stoppage he seemingly needed to keep his belt. Inadvertently might help him get in the ring with the bigger names - tends to do better in the more meaningful fights as well.

BJS with a poor performance but getting the stoppage he seemingly needed to keep his belt. Inadvertently might help him get in the ring with the bigger names - tends to do better in the more meaningful fights as well.

It’s not so much the magnitude of the fight, but the style of his opponent. He always struggles to impress when he’s expected to come forward, set the pace and win comfortably. It’s when he’s fighting someone that’ll come forward and allow him to slip and counter that he impresses, like Lemieux for example.

As they’re both signed to Fast Eddie, I’d have thought the GGG fight could be made, and with Golovkin on the wane, could be one that BJS wins and looks good doing so.

It’s not so much the magnitude of the fight, but the style of his opponent. He always struggles to impress when he’s expected to come forward, set the pace and win comfortably. It’s when he’s fighting someone that’ll come forward and allow him to slip and counter that he impresses, like Lemieux for example.

As they’re both signed to Fast Eddie, I’d have thought the GGG fight could be made, and with Golovkin on the wane, could be one that BJS wins and looks good doing so.

Fair point. His two standout performances to my mind are Eubank jr (wtf has happened to his career btw?) and Lemieux. While I was thinking it’s bigger fights so he’s more up for it and performing it’s also true that they were keen to come forward to try and engage more so than anyway than the opponents BJS has looked shite against.
Probably right with GGG BJS fight but I’d like to see GGG win and bow out.