Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I know its for a title but It is a joke that Taylor tops it to be honest

Don’t think it’s a joke at all. For me it’s one of the Best fights in the country this year. Two world champions ranked 1 and 2 should be a great fight.

Let’s be honest Chisora is entertaining but he is a loud mouth jobber who loses every time he steps up to a decent level.

Chisora is a roaster. He started with make me headliner or pay me more, looking for more coin, and now has backed himself in to a corner. Give him what he agreed, tell him when he’s fighting and if he pulls out we’ll not see him on sky again.
FWIW, I agree to an extent that it’s all about the heavyweights. Sadly, for him, he’s no longer one of the heavyweights that it is all about.

Chisora needs to realise what he is. British heavyweight gatekeeper/decent entertainment for the #ladz that are ¾ of a gram in and looking for a proper tear up.

His point though, is that those are people buying O2 tickets and PPV for the card. Unfortunately he's probably right. That's what Eddie has achieved by bringing boxing to the mainstream.

No catch weight which is superb.
If Canelo wins this he is on another level.

Canelo wins. He is another level.
His point though, is that those are people buying O2 tickets and PPV for the card. Unfortunately he's probably right. That's what Eddie has achieved by bringing boxing to the mainstream.

Folk buying for that for that scrap no doubt but also to see class v class in josh v prograis. Chisora wants more money, that’s all.

Don’t see much other than a Canelo win against Kovalev. Think they’ve timed this well with Kov on the slide. Don’t see the weight being that big an advantage either. Hope Canelo stays at the weight (assuming he does win) and fights some of the more live champions (Bivol, Beterbiev, etc) and it’s not just a one and done belt grab. I have my doubts though sadly.

Don’t see much other than a Canelo win against Kovalev. Think they’ve timed this well with Kov on the slide. Don’t see the weight being that big an advantage either. Hope Canelo stays at the weight (assuming he does win) and fights some of the more live champions (Bivol, Beterbiev, etc) and it’s not just a one and done belt grab. I have my doubts though sadly.
Absolutely this.

Clever people in boxing can put names on their record that look great, but were actually a borderline gimme fight. This is one of those scenarios.

Fury looked alright tbh Wallin was far better than Schwarz and Fury had a massive cut form the 3rd round that just opened up through the fight. 

When Fury wanted to up the pace in the last few rounds Wallin just done well to hang on and clinch often to break things up. 

Just watched it, bizarre to say that fury won fairly comfortably, but also could have been stopped at any point from like the fifth onwards. Won almost every round (probably 9-3 I thought) but Wallin was live for most of it. Hurt him in the 12th too.

One thing is for certain, If it was free to air on ESPN, the yanks will have absolutely gobbled Fury up, and he will be a massive star from now on. Charismatic and entertaining in interviews pre-fight. Bit of pageantry with the entrance, Mexican theme on a holiday, loads of action, bit of skill, overcame adversity. Sort of shit they love. Worth a watch.