Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

He’s got the best chance of anyone at the weight. Do I think he’ll win? No. Do I think it’ll be competitive with Campbell winning some early rounds? Yes.

Campbell is a very good boxer. Big for the weight, very skilled, good footwork, works the body very well and can box at distance, so if anyone has a chance of beating Lomachenko it’s him. I don’t believe he will though.

I don’t think anyone beats Lomachenko until he goes to 140 or even 147, as I’m not sure who the fighter in that light-welterweight division is that beats him. He’s the most talented boxer I’ve ever seen. A phenomenon.

A decent test for Buatsi, still way off world level though, as kept getting caught with an overhand right. Anybody packing a punch could have him in bother. Still a good bit behind Yarde IMO.

Enjoyed the fight. Ford was durable and caught Buatsi with some good overhand rights as you say. As soon as Buatsi went to the body he started paying dividends. Couldn’t shake the feeling Buatsi could have stepped up a gear or two earlier also.

Martinez has just battered Charlie Edwards, but it looked clear as day that the last hook to the body was whilst Edwards was on the deck.

ETA: Seeing the replay, that’s absolutely appalling refereeing. Potentially grounds for a DQ it was so obvious. Wild stuff.

Think the final punch has just got Edwards out of jail. I can only see a no contest/rematch off the back of that.
That he was really going to struggle to beat a count before that landed, is nether here nor there.
Not the Mexican's fault, that's down to the refereeing.

He’s got the best chance of anyone at the weight. Do I think he’ll win? No. Do I think it’ll be competitive with Campbell winning some early rounds? Yes.

Campbell is a very good boxer. Big for the weight, very skilled, good footwork, works the body very well and can box at distance, so if anyone has a chance of beating Lomachenko it’s him. I don’t believe he will though.

I don’t think anyone beats Lomachenko until he goes to 140 or even 147, as I’m not sure who the fighter in that light-welterweight division is that beats him. He’s the most talented boxer I’ve ever seen. A phenomenon.
Thanks. He's 10/1 at bookies so I placed small bet [emoji106]

Just now, Blootoon87 said:

Correct decision there. Edwards got lucky though, that was only going one way.

Yup, really stupid from the Mexican. Even if Edwards had got up from taking the knee it looked like only a matter of time before the stoppage came. 

Fucking stupid from Martinez, was gonna win that without the late punch
Correct, he was going to struggle to beat the count anyway. The Mexican had just scudded in 3/4 left hand body shots prior to him "taking a knee".
It wasn't through choice.

Didn't know there have only been 3 undisputed LW champ's, Buchanan, Duran & Whittaker! Thought Arguello would have been in there too, or did he lose to Pryor?

Just checked, lost to Pryor at LW & only held one version at LW.