Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

24 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I'm really intrigued by it to, although it's more to see what sort of condition Kovalev arrives in. On his game he's been an elite level fighter for the last half-decade, but he's had a fair bit of legal trouble recently, including getting chucked off a flight for trying it on with a woman (that definitely wasn't his wife) whilst absolutely steaming, so could be that he isn't fully focussed. Might be that he's on his game and batters Yarde who, as you say, equally might be wildly out of his depth, or a guy on the up that'll dominate for years. So many unknowns and so much intrigue. Should be great.

Can Yarde batter Kovalev if Kov is on his game.

Really intrigued by Kov Yarde. Is Yarde the real deal? As said, fought nobody but looks a beast. Is Kov over the hill now?
In any event, fair fucks to Yarde for being game to go over and give it his best. I hope he wins.

Really intrigued by Kov Yarde. Is Yarde the real deal? As said, fought nobody but looks a beast. Is Kov over the hill now?
In any event, fair fucks to Yarde for being game to go over and give it his best. I hope he wins.
I think Kovalev can still blast out those who fight his fight. The roadmap to beating him is there though.

I think Kovalev can still blast out those who fight his fight. The roadmap to beating him is there though.

Not sure if Yarde is the type of fighter to approach it that way. And for the record, Tunde Ajayi is very annoying.

Yarde needs to get at Kovalev on the inside. Kovalev has a mental collapse in him if he cant bully the guy across from him, and he has piss poor inside game. If Yarde has any at all then thats the way to beat Kov. You have to grind him out.

Missed this first time out, but not sure I agree with it. Andre Ward implemented this to perfection, but Andre Ward was the best fighter of his generation IMO, and I’m not convinced anyone else could have broken Kov’s heart and body like he did. Not sure it’s a fair statement to suggest it’s a tried and tested method of beating big Kov.