Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Maybe thinks there's more cash, & chance, in a unification with Ramirez?

Or step up to 147 and make even more cash against Terence Crawford  Been calling each other out recently. 

f**k knows but it’s shite for the WBSS and more uncertainty for Josh after the same with his semi. Great idea (the WBSS) but been really poorly executed.

38 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

f**k knows but it’s shite for the WBSS and more uncertainty for Josh after the same with his semi. Great idea (the WBSS) but been really poorly executed.

f**k knows sums it up perfectly. Not disastrous whatever happens. He’s still a world champ. Prograis could be at it to pile the pressure on WBSS. Prograis maybe has a shite deal money-wise and has had his head turned by what he could earn in a unification fight or fight with Crawford on home soil.

Josh has said again how much he wants a fight at Edinburgh castle too. 

Quite looking forward to AJ v Ruiz 2. AJ has been very open about his shortcomings and how he’d rely on just bulldozing folk rather than having boxing ability. Seems to have acknowledged he’s not going to turn into Loma between now and the rematch so wants to win by being even fitter and stronger. Bit of a hairy approach for him.

f**k knows sums it up perfectly. Not disastrous whatever happens. He’s still a world champ. Prograis could be at it to pile the pressure on WBSS. Prograis maybe has a shite deal money-wise and has had his head turned by what he could earn in a unification fight or fight with Crawford on home soil.
Quite looking forward to AJ v Ruiz 2. AJ has been very open about his shortcomings and how he’d rely on just bulldozing folk rather than having boxing ability. Seems to have acknowledged he’s not going to turn into Loma between now and the rematch so wants to win by being even fitter and stronger. Bit of a hairy approach for him.

If I recall, the Dan Rafael bit said payments had been missed / made late. Think Barancyk said the same. What is it about fighting our man makes these boys shite themselves??
Taylor at the castle then McGregor at Tynie. Probably end all interest in boxing after that, if they happen. No point, nothing to top it.
Intrigued to see what AJ does differently. Like big Ruiz though, seems a decent type. Shite it’s in Saudi but such is life.

He gasses easily, he has a shit load of muscle to carry. If he gets behind a jab and bores the fight to death the way he did with parker will be enough i reckon. He's a big bloody target so needs to dictate the range and keep ruiz on the backfoot.

20 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

He gasses easily, he has a shit load of muscle to carry. If he gets behind a jab and bores the fight to death the way he did with parker will be enough i reckon. He's a big bloody target so needs to dictate the range and keep ruiz on the backfoot.

He's not good enough to keep Ruiz on the back foot.

35 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

14 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

He's not good enough to keep Ruiz on the back foot.

Ruiz, Takam and Povetkin all spotted AJ’s wee idiosyncrasies of his left hand dropping a bit and either not being spiteful enough with the jab or quick enough with the hook. Leaves him so vulnerable to an overhand right or them slipping in a bit and getting him with a right hook (like Povetkin rattled him early in their fight). It’s like a tendency for him to drop down to the height of the opponent. 

If his coaches can get him to cut that out and stay tall and work on his jab then he’d be able to jab Ruiz all day and keep him where he wants. Adam Smith said that had been the plan before the first Ruiz fight. Not sure how easy it is for coaches to get through to a multimillionaire though? He talks about being humble so it’s a good chance for him to show he can learn and adapt. 

He does struggle with shorter fighters I've always said that. He's an Olympic gold medalist si he can clearly box but like you say is his ego too big to accept change.

I will always say he looked off in Ruiz fight and i habe no doubt he'll get the win in December...

Ruiz, Takam and Povetkin all spotted AJ’s wee idiosyncrasies of his left hand dropping a bit and either not being spiteful enough with the jab or quick enough with the hook. Leaves him so vulnerable to an overhand right or them slipping in a bit and getting him with a right hook (like Povetkin rattled him early in their fight). It’s like a tendency for him to drop down to the height of the opponent. 
If his coaches can get him to cut that out and stay tall and work on his jab then he’d be able to jab Ruiz all day and keep him where he wants. Adam Smith said that had been the plan before the first Ruiz fight. Not sure how easy it is for coaches to get through to a multimillionaire though? He talks about being humble so it’s a good chance for him to show he can learn and adapt. 

Would prograis not have to give up his belts if he pulled out?

Thought that was going to be what happened to baranchic (crap spelling I know can't be bothered checking his name) when he was threatening the same.

Absolutely shite if he does. WBSS is great, so hard with all the politics involved tho.

4 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Would prograis not have to give up his belts if he pulled out?

Thought that was going to be what happened to baranchic (crap spelling I know can't be bothered checking his name) when he was threatening the same.

Absolutely shite if he does. WBSS is great, so hard with all the politics involved tho.

The WBSS is great and by and large it’s went well, but behind the scenes it seems like a bit of a shitshow. 

For the second season I think they were trying to ride the hype of the first season and tried to sell each round individually to separate broadcasters, thinking they would all jump at the chance. Can’t even remember where Taylor’s fight against Martin ended up it might have even been IFLs YouTube. Really hope the Taylor Prograis fight goes ahead as it will be a cracker but not looking likely now lawsuits have been filed. 

The Prograis withdrawl is already turning into a re-run of the Barancyk situation, with the WBSS saying "you're under contract to fight". That ended up being a few months later than first planned. Whatever happens I hope they resolve it quickly one way or another. 

Screenshot_20190812_235622_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.cce65f83b709dffdddf9f3395a42e3e4.jpg
Um, what's going on there? (Dec 31st)
A lot of gambling sites give you odds on theoretical fights and put year end date on them. You can effectively take the odds for a fight that hasnt been signed. I assume the bet gets voided at New Year. The odds will just appear again Jan 1st