Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

8 hours ago, Stevieda said:
17 hours ago, MONKMAN said:
Fury Wilder 2 on the 22nd of February, venue to be confirmed.

Where are you hearing this?

Fury announced it at a Q&A event he was hosting.

Have been hearing that Ricky Burns has a pretty tremendous fight lined up next.

Supposedly Linares is next. That would be a cracker. Last chance saloon for both to get a title fight.

https://www.boxingscene.com/ricky-burns-vs-jorge-linares-wba-eliminator-play-sept-7--140637
Not the most reliable source but looks like you were right enough. Burns was beat UD by Corolla who was beaten UD by by Lineras, twice...

Fury to take on Big Baby Miller (if he's granted a licence) or Trevor Bryan (me neither) in New York in October. Would love to see Wilder Fury 2. Could be a much more brutal affair this time with Wilder a bit heavier and Fury fitter and stronger. 

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Fury to take on Big Baby Miller (if he's granted a licence) or Trevor Bryan (me neither) in New York in October. Would love to see Wilder Fury 2. Could be a much more brutal affair this time with Wilder a bit heavier and Fury fitter and stronger. 

Obviously this is dependant on them both winning their warm up fights but Fury WIlder is the most fascinating fight.  I thought Fury won the first match pretty clearly but at the same time he was put down twice and clearly WIlder can hurt him.  The amazing recovery he made from the second knockdown shouldn't detract from the fact that he was put down.  I had thought Fury would win the first clearly by moving and outboxing Wilder and I was pretty surprised about the two knockdowns.  The real test is who has learned more from the fight, it could either way - Fury can tighten up his mistakes or WIlder can use the lessons to find his range on Fury.  If I had to put money on it I'd bet on a Fury decision win as he's more of an intelligent boxer.

Of course, the chances are both guys will lose and we'll get Luis Ortiz v BIg Baby Miller :lol: 

On 09/07/2019 at 09:46, ICTChris said:

Obviously this is dependant on them both winning their warm up fights but Fury WIlder is the most fascinating fight.  I thought Fury won the first match pretty clearly but at the same time he was put down twice and clearly WIlder can hurt him.  The amazing recovery he made from the second knockdown shouldn't detract from the fact that he was put down.  I had thought Fury would win the first clearly by moving and outboxing Wilder and I was pretty surprised about the two knockdowns.  The real test is who has learned more from the fight, it could either way - Fury can tighten up his mistakes or WIlder can use the lessons to find his range on Fury.  If I had to put money on it I'd bet on a Fury decision win as he's more of an intelligent boxer.

Of course, the chances are both guys will lose and we'll get Luis Ortiz v BIg Baby Miller :lol: 

Mandatories, AJ, Usyk, a Wilder-Ruiz unification - so much could derail it. Really fascinating though. If their recent fights/massacres are anything to go by. Wilder on his own level as a KO artist, Fury on his own boxing-wise. 

Peter wanted out of there by any means necessary. Low blows, shot round the back of the head, wild swing after a break being called and a “shoulder injury”. Farcical.

Can’t see this being anything other than Khan blowing Dib out of the water within four rounds.

Peter wanted out of there by any means necessary. Low blows, shot round the back of the head, wild swing after a break being called and a “shoulder injury”. Farcical.

Can’t see this being anything other than Khan blowing Dib out of the water within four rounds.
The highlight of the whole fight was the ref getting a bloody nose as he separated the fighters at the end. Khan will surely stop Dib early now.