Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I think Smith will end up fighting Billy Joe Saunders.

I fight I would like to see tbf, could be decent.
Why am I getting flashbacks to Warrington/Galahad?

This is probably the reality of it though.

Luke Campbell v Lomachenko. August 31st. Box office.

Luke Campbell will take a severe pounding in that one. Career ender IMO.

Still not been confirmed yet sadly, although I’ll one billion percent be in “shut up and take my money” mode when it is. Likely won’t be as exciting as getting to see him in MSG against Rigo, but still incredible to see the best boxer on the planet live again.

In saying that though, will be a lot closer a fight than the majority think, Campbell is a very good boxer, with a significant size advantage. Loma will still win with either a very late stoppage or reasonably wide decision, but this won’t be a Crolla like blow out, IMO.

Franchise Champ... Could the WBC be any further up Canelo’s arse if they tried, I think not.

Don’t want to upset him by stripping the title, so make up some nonsense position that’s a glorified sponsorship deal.

Franchise Champ... Could the WBC be any further up Canelo’s arse if they tried, I think not.

Don’t want to upset him by stripping the title, so make up some nonsense position that’s a glorified sponsorship deal.
Whilst we get treated to the ghost of Sergey Kovalev at 171, probably made to wear 18oz gloves and then in another year, the 3rd fight with GGG once they are sure he is far enough over the hill to put that to bed. Probably with a clause that he cant fight between now and then.

Honestly dont know how Canelo gets away with so much. He has the full repertoire of arsehole beahviour and is well on his was to being fully worse than Floyd ever was.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Whilst we get treated to the ghost of Sergey Kovalev at 171, probably made to wear 18oz gloves and then in another year, the 3rd fight with GGG once they are sure he is far enough over the hill to put that to bed. Probably with a clause that he cant fight between now and then.

Honestly dont know how Canelo gets away with so much. He has the full repertoire of arsehole beahviour and is well on his was to being fully worse than Floyd ever was.

He makes a lot of money for his promotional team, and more pertinently, the sanctioning bodies, so he can do whatever the f**k he likes, and they'll not only embrace it, but actively encourage it. They couldn't give a f**k about our old friend "sporting integrity", just the Yankee dollar. c***s.

3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Hadn’t seen the change of opponent. Can’t say I know much about Billy Dib.

He's a former world champion, but at Feather and Superfeather, has lost to every half decent opponent he's faced (Gradovich, Miura, Tevin Farmer) and last fought at Lightweight. Khan should absolutely blitz him if he has even fumes left in the tank.

He makes a lot of money for his promotional team, and more pertinently, the sanctioning bodies, so he can do whatever the f**k he likes, and they'll not only embrace it, but actively encourage it. They couldn't give a f**k about our old friend "sporting integrity", just the Yankee dollar. c***s.

Yeah. But fans shouldnt fall for it. Its fucking brutal. How much of his record should (but wont) have a * next to it. Pish. An absolute shitebag of the highest order, consistently and maliciously weakening opponents in one to one combat sport is as low as it gets (bearing in mind he also did it outwith the "rules" too, the doping c**t)

Unfortunately for Canelo, he'll never be able to lace Mayweathers boots. Streets behind.

Ohara Davies is completely finished. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually jacks it soon. Was gifted a decision against Vasquez there.

The footwork is still as brutal as it was two years ago there is no improvement in him whatsoever. No more than a half decent name to have on the record at British level now.

Decent British title fight there between Lewis Paulin and Ryan Walsh. Split decision win for Walsh. Close fight with one poor 117-111 scorecard not representing the fight at all.
That card was by Ian John-Lewis who was responsible for the absolute farce that was the Ohara Davies decision. I like him as a referee but that was two absolutely appalling scoring decisions.

My opinion of Ohara Davies has altered somewhat with him clearly announcing Vazquez as the winner - unlike him.

4 hours ago, Cowshed Chris said:

That card was by Ian John-Lewis who was responsible for the absolute farce that was the Ohara Davies decision. I like him as a referee but that was two absolutely appalling scoring decisions.

My opinion of Ohara Davies has altered somewhat with him clearly announcing Vazquez as the winner - unlike him.

Really ? He's probably the worst ref in Britain along with Terry O'Connor

On 28/06/2019 at 10:54, Bairnardo said:

Yeah. But fans shouldnt fall for it. Its fucking brutal. How much of his record should (but wont) have a * next to it. Pish. An absolute shitebag of the highest order, consistently and maliciously weakening opponents in one to one combat sport is as low as it gets (bearing in mind he also did it outwith the "rules" too, the doping c**t)

Exactly, and he's a ginger