Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

On 18/06/2019 at 13:19, ICTChris said:

I see Lee McGregor is defending the Commonwealth bantamweight title on Saturday night - is it on UK TV anywhere?  Was impressed with McGregor's last few fights, there's potential for a big fight with Kash Farooq at some point.

The card is on IFL TV. With the way both guys are talking McGregor and Farooq should happen at the end of the year.

Still don't rate Benn in the slightest (no.8 with WBA for what?) but no denying he will be involved in a watchable tear up.

Cheeseman is too one dimensional to go beyond  British level as was proven last night. Fitzy will box the head off him in September as well.

Flying first round, had him down. Relaxed a little (bit too much imo) in the second. Controlled the third, hurt his man but never really went for it. Had him down again in the 4th. Decent enough performance, never in any danger but thought the way he started he’d blast the boy out.

Lewis Benson looking really poor against yon Garrido. Will probably still win right enough but he would expect to look a bit better against this predictable, come forward style.

A good dozen Hibs skag boys in the crowd and at least three of them have been getting the songs going. Canny beat it.

Lewis Benson looking really poor against yon Garrido. Will probably still win right enough but he would expect to look a bit better against this predictable, come forward style.
A good dozen Hibs skag boys in the crowd and at least three of them have been getting the songs going. Canny beat it.

Benson really getting dragged in to a battle.
There’s many things I can think of better than being in the company of a dozen pissed up old Hibs fans, but hope they have a good night anyway and get behind McGregor later on.

Stevie Wonder could have seen these long, looping shots coming from Garrido all night yet Benson was getting tagged every round. Really poor stuff from him.

Garrido won that for me but wouldn't surprise me if the judges give a wee naughty decision.