Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

He did say he’d had about 100 sunbeds since getting to Vegas and now we know why. 

Why the f**k do to you need a sun bed in the middle of the desert.

Clearly Schwartz nowhere near Fury’s level
But the plan was to have US audience lapping him up an they now are so job done.

Why the f**k do to you need a sun bed in the middle of the desert.

Clearly Schwartz nowhere near Fury’s level
But the plan was to have US audience lapping him up an they now are so job done.

Have you been to Vegas in June? Are you f**k spending any time outside between the hours of 10am and 8:30pm. Obscene.

Arum is talking about getting him out again in New York in October. Would imagine it’ll either be another profile-boosting tune-up, with Wilder in January/February, or Ruiz will be stripped of one of the titles, Fury will fight whoever is high in the rankings for that body (probably an Ortiz, Whyte or Povetkin), and then Wilder in April time of he gets through that.

2 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Have you been to Vegas in June? Are you f**k spending any time outside between the hours of 10am and 8:30pm. Obscene.

Arum is talking about getting him out again in New York in October. Would imagine it’ll either be another profile-boosting tune-up, with Wilder in January/February, or Ruiz will be stripped of one of the titles, Fury will fight whoever is high in the rankings for that body (probably an Ortiz, Whyte or Povetkin), and then Wilder in April time of he gets through that.

Could it be Usyk? He should be WBO mandatory IIRC.

Edit - sure it will be another knockover job but that was more entertaining that his other two return/tune up fights. 

Edited by Shandon Par

20 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Vegas is the only place I have been where the wind makes the heat worse, felt like I had an air drier constantly in front of me.

I see Lee McGregor is defending the Commonwealth bantamweight title on Saturday night - is it on UK TV anywhere?  Was impressed with McGregor's last few fights, there's potential for a big fight with Kash Farooq at some point.

54 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I see Lee McGregor is defending the Commonwealth bantamweight title on Saturday night - is it on UK TV anywhere?  Was impressed with McGregor's last few fights, there's potential for a big fight with Kash Farooq at some point.

Saw him in Piece Box a few weeks ago. Couldn't get over how tiny he was. Him and Farooq both say they want that fight. Farooq's power is amazing. 

Interesting to note that Galahad outlanded Warrington in every round bar the 3rd and 11th (1st was equal), in addition to being more accurate (i.e. making Warrington miss).

Not sure if Warrington would want it, but there’re definitely grounds for a rematch.

IMG_9707.jpg
IMG_9706.jpg

That was some display by OJ3, the Brit was way out his depth. I thought it should have been stopped at the body shot. It was nowhere near low. Blistering speed & very heavy handed.

Interesting to note that Galahad outlanded Warrington in every round bar the 3rd and 11th (1st was equal), in addition to being more accurate (i.e. making Warrington miss).

Not sure if Warrington would want it, but there’re definitely grounds for a rematch.

IMG_9707.thumb.jpg.e90bd93311fe8f07d61b6f0ae049bd70.jpg
IMG_9706.thumb.jpg.4153800a8351026ee149e0faaa39039a.jpg

So, by amateur rules, he won? Honestly, I was fucked when I watched the fight and haven’t watched it back but by my overriding memory of the fight was Galahad nullifying Warrington but not doing enough to beat the champion. I definitely could be wrong though.