Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Don’t recall if it was Jake & Spencer or talksport podcast pointing out that if there was nothing wrong, how does he win the rematch then?
Presumably sticking behind the jab and fighting long but he’s not much history of that tbh

The other thing Jake/Spencer hinted at was the rematch clause being powder puff and that it would cost Ruiz very little in relative terms to bump the contract. 

AJ has a load of basic flaws that has seen him get wobbled in all his recent fights. Leaves his hands out (result - Povektin belted him), gets caught flat footed (result - Takam nutted him), doesn't have a great jab (result - Ruiz rattled him), his guard isn't great either - his left hand is all over the place (Povetkin and Ruiz hammered him for this with overhand rights). I don't agree with folk questioning his heart as he was concussed and bordering on delirious. 

On 6/12/2019 at 14:26, Detournement said:

Similar to Fury vs Wilder.

H_B 😂

Will you ever get anything right? 

I don't buy the conspiracy theories about Joshua at all. The idea that a training camp as detail oriented as his would still have him sparring two days before a fight is insane. He got beaten up by the better boxer on the night, nothing else.

1 hour ago, JMDP said:

H_B 😂

Will you ever get anything right? 

I don't buy the conspiracy theories about Joshua at all. The idea that a training camp as detail oriented as his would still have him sparring two days before a fight is insane. He got beaten up by the better boxer on the night, nothing else.

It's really that simple. I think some deluded people thought AJ was going to finish his career unbeaten with that glass jaw and no defence. Strange.

Decent weekend of boxing in store. I'm intrigued by the Warrington fight. I've not seen enough of Kid and to me he's not fought anyone decent to truly determine how this will go. Warrington to break his soul mid to late rounds would seem the logical shout. Nice card as well Metcalfe/Welborn and Barrett/Woodstock seem decent on paper.

I don't think I'll bother with the Fury fight tbh. He really needs a KO in this one to further cement his momentum in the States. 12 rounds boxing his head off isn't what they want over there.

WBSS semi finals on Sky and also a card from Russia on Sunday afternoon featuring Mike Perez and then a shoot out between yon mad Russian basturt and big Makabu that Tony Belloo sparkled at Goodison.

I'll be doing well sexually after this weekend of boxing for sure. 

Woodstock has some chin, has taken some absolute bombs in the last three rounds. Looked like signs that he was starting to get hurt towards the end of that 10th, but wouldn’t be surprised if he saw out the 12.

Briedes Glowacki just starting on Sky Sports Arena. Should be a cracking fight as well.