Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

2 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

The Matchroom Circle

“Fury beat Klitschko because he was off that night”

“AJ went life and death with Klitschko because Klitschko was at his best”

“AJ lost to Ruiz because he was off”

Two of those fights were entertaining and one was a complete stinker.

Got that transcript of the after round conversations between Joshua and McCracken that I mentioned earlier.

After Round 1

McCracken: Don't drop down to his height, just box him

AJ: Yeah

McCracken: Use your height and reach. You can't get past the jab if you jab up and down and they walk into the right hand OK? Put your legs out, relax

AJ: What do you reckon I can do now?

McCracken: Bit busy with the jab up and down. Start shooting the head behind 1-2, behind 1-2, up on your toes, the odd 1-2 boom boom. Keep him long, keep him long. Don't look for the hooks yet

AJ: It's too early

McCracken: Keep him long, jab back, if you can shoot one there, if you have to feint... hit him with a jab and a 1-2, don't have your hands down, come on be busy, stop him walking in, straight 1-2

After Round 2

McCracken: OK OK when he comes in just follow it with a right hand...

AJ: Little bit more relaxed

McCracken: Yeah little more relaxed. Don't go flat just use your feet when you're in range. Don't go flat in range. Little bit busier, the jab's killing him and up and down with the right hand

AJ: He's just waiting for a hook

McCracken: Yeah but you're gonna keep waking him up with them left rights OK? Every now and then a hook off the jab OK?

AJ: In the centre

McCracken: Yeah and break him down with the reach. Chin down.

After Round 3

Can't hear unfortunately they show replays and Paulie is talking

Edit: Here's a little bit from the DAZN broadcast

McCracken: How you feel, are you OK? Put your legs out. Come on, listen to me! Listen to me! You've got to get back behind that jab, you've got to tie him up on the inside! Take a deep breath, come on listen! You can't load up, you've got to box and you've got to defend-

It cuts out there to show a replay of the knockdowns.

After Round 4

McCracken: Come on listen. All that happened was you hurt him and you rushed in and he caught you. Put your legs out. Do what you gotta do... Solid jab and the right hand, just moving, defending with your head movement and your hands alright? Keep the hands up when you're boxing. AJ's face. Don't come down

AJ: What shot was it?

McCracken: He caught you with a hook because you loaded up, alright? So let's just keep the hands up. Listen you're back in the game, jab jab right hand, calm, you'll break him down you can do this. If you stay busy for two rounds you can do this. Come on!

After Round 5

McCracken: Come on listen listen. All you've got to do is be a little bit busier

McCracken: All you've got to do, just sit down. All you've got to do is be a little bit busier. Box a little bit more. Bit more jabs and right hands OK, little bit busier, alright? You listening? Swallow, listen to me, listen to me, listen, listen you can win this fight, you've just got to be busier, you've got to hit him with the reach, you don't need to be looking for hooks

McCracken: Jab jab right hand, if you catch him don't look for power look to box, because you'll walk him into the shots, it's when you look for hooks he caught you.

AJ: OK

McCracken: Don't look for hooks

AJ: He got me with a hook?

McCracken: Yeah he caught you with a hook because you loaded up with your own hook. Jab jab right hand, listen we've got to win these rounds now mate, come on let's get into gear now. Come on let's get boxing again

AJ: What will he come out and do?

McCracken: He'll come out and try a stalk you and throw hooks

McCracken: He'll try and rush out

AJ: And put him on his back foot

McCracken: Hit him with the 1-2, box all straight stuff, come on hands up. Busier Josh

After Round 6

McCracken: All you've got to do is start throwing your 1-2s alright? Have a drink alright. All you've got to do is start throwing your 1-2s mate. And shoot the odd body shot down that's all you've got to do

AJ: Why am I feeling like this though?

McCracken: You've just got to time him, if you hit him you'll slow him right down. Deep breaths... Come on you can do this... jab jab right hand

AJ: Yeah. What shots will catch him?

McCracken: Left and right, left and right long, and then look for the hook round the side

AJ: What shot caught him though?

McCracken: The jab and the right hand. Come on uppercut and hook as well inside. When you block uppercut come on. Be busier though Josh

It’s quite impressive how kiddy can obviously watch and follow boxing, and yet not understand the slightest bit about it. Wrong about everything. It’s incredible.

I heard he was backstabbed by so called friends in the Nightswatch, but the Red Witch wasn't available, to resurrect him, until just before the ring walk. That's why he was asking what was going on in between rounds. It completely befuddled him, in a Men in Black Style &  apparently Bran was pure ragin' with Fast Eddie about it. As he had arrived just in time for the fight too.

^^^this, however, is by far his (or anyone’s) worst post on the thread, which is really saying something.

Callum Smith has said he wants Canelo at Anfield in September. Can’t say Canelo fighting out of the states any time soon, but that’s a fight I would love to see.

Just now, J_Stewart said:

It’s quite impressive how kiddy can obviously watch and follow boxing, and yet not understand the slightest bit about it. Wrong about everything. It’s incredible.

^^^this, however, is by far his (or anyone’s) worst post on the thread, which is really saying something.

Callum Smith has said he wants Canelo at Anfield in September. Can’t say Canelo fighting out of the states any time soon, but that’s a fight I would love to see.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

7 hours ago, kiddy said:
7 hours ago, ayrmad said:
I'll be kind to him, he didn't really want to continue.
He was afforded far more opportunity to resume fighting than 90% of boxers get in his position.

I'll be kind to you. That stands alongside winning rounds, by making opponents look bad, whilst not throwing punches .

You said Fury didn't throw punches in the 2nd against Wilder not me, Tyson landed more in that round than Wilder, you're just a Joshua fandan and/or a Fury hater,

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

You said Fury didn't throw punches in the 2nd against Wilder not me, Tyson landed more in that round than Wilder, you're just a Joshua fandan and/or a Fury hater,

I suggest you go back to the Wilder/Fury fight pages & quote me.

Just now, kiddy said:

I suggest you go back to the Wilder/Fury fight pages & quote me.

He should throw leather then or similar is what you said, Fury landed more in most rounds, you'd have noticed that if you had saw through the seethe.

Just now, ayrmad said:

He should throw leather then or similar is what you said, Fury landed more in most rounds, you'd have noticed that if you had saw through the seethe.

You've specified the 2nd round, quote me,

On 03/12/2018 at 18:21, ayrmad said:

Yep and he'll have even less chance of landing in a rematch, Wilder is a level or 2 below Fury in pure boxing terms.

I think it was the 2nd round where a lot of people gave it to Wilder for his wee flurry, the wee flurry hit fresh air, gloves, arms and shoulders.

On 03/12/2018 at 20:22, kiddy said:

& nothing came back, round Wilder, 10-9 .;)

Fanny.

8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 18:21, ayrmad said:

Yep and he'll have even less chance of landing in a rematch, Wilder is a level or 2 below Fury in pure boxing terms.

I think it was the 2nd round where a lot of people gave it to Wilder for his wee flurry, the wee flurry hit fresh air, gloves, arms and shoulders.

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 20:22, kiddy said:

& nothing came back, round Wilder, 10-9 .;)

Fanny.

"A Lot of people gave it to Wilder" me being one, & I'll stand by my view of that fight. Bizarre that you still think the concept of avoiding being hit, whilst not hitting, is worthy of being awarded a round!

36 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Did he, really! That'll be your opinion.

*Sticks out tongue/wiggles backside & goes to sleep.

5 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Im not going to lie im an AJ fan he was well beat but not trying to make excuses but he seemed off from the word go. He seemed very flat and was little response from constantly being punched in puss!!!

Every time he looked like letting the right go in the 1st Ruiz fired off 1st, from early doors he only had a jab to fight with.