Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

UK rematch hasn't been stipulated apparently just Hearn coming out with his usual pish. No chance it's going to Mexico should take it to LA/Cali where there's the Mexican/Latino fanbase. 
Has LA/Cali got more Mexicans/Latinos in it like?[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Imagine how gassed big AJ would be fighting at 7,500 ft. Also, he's getting a hard time but he was totally gone from that first knockdown and struggled on. He didn't even realise it was him the ref was talking to until he'd waved off the fight. Like Ortiz asking what all the folk were doing in his living room after Wilder did him. 

Ruiz always had the hand speed that would trouble AJ and wobble him but I never thought for a second he'd have the power to turn AJ into a zombie like that.

Edited by Shandon Par
Ortiz not Ruiz

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Imagine how gassed big AJ would be fighting at 7,500 ft. Also, he's getting a hard time but he was totally gone from that first knockdown and struggled on. He didn't even realise it was him the ref was talking to until he'd waved off the fight. Like Ortiz asking what all the folk were doing in his living room after Wilder did him. 

Ruiz always had the hand speed that would trouble AJ and wobble him but I never thought for a second he'd have the power to turn AJ into a zombie like that.

This is it for me. I think he was pretty concussed after the first knockdown and never really recovered. Like you, I'm surprised Ruiz had the power to do this to AJ but with the head it only really takes one to knock your senses. 

I imagine Hearn will get his way bringing the rematch to the UK, contracted in the original fight or not, because money talks and I think AJs redemption will sell well here. 

Just say it boys, he's a quitter. You'll feel better for it afterwards.  Monty Oh Well

Little Lord Fauntleroy might be a big deal when it comes to domestic events but like Ruiz v Joshua, Haymon is levels above him.  I'd be amazed if Haymon let this fight go to the UK.  Doesn't mean it won't happen of course and it's more likely to be here than Mexico surely.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I am not sure, other than being an AJ fan, how anyone can say that something wasnt off with him. Il leave the Q word to one side, AJ didnt want to keep fighting. He didnt want to be there. At one point he was walking along the ropes neither throwing nor trying to avoid shots. It was bizzare. Totally frozen.

Its indusputable that the referee gave him way longer than is normal. Its also indisputable that he could have raised his hands to the referee and didn't.

Yeah something very strange indeed, it was as if he was acting like he just got punched on the side of the head.

Yeah something very strange indeed, it was as if he was acting like he just got punched on the side of the head.
Analysis of a boxing match requires one to look deeper than just the fact that someone has been punched m8.

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Just say it boys, he's a quitter. You'll feel better for it afterwards.  Monty Oh Well

Little Lord Fauntleroy might be a big deal when it comes to domestic events but like Ruiz v Joshua, Haymon is levels above him.  I'd be amazed if Haymon let this fight go to the UK.  Doesn't mean it won't happen of course and it's more likely to be here than Mexico surely.

I know a guy who is close to Joe Parkers camp and was over here with them for the fight. Says a lot of Matchroom staff were privately desperate for AJ to lose. Widely disliked among them for being a bellend. 

Not sure if some folk are just looking for excuses other than realise Joshua just isn’t as good as they’ve built him up to be, but would love to know if there’s truth in rumours he was knocked out in sparring in the build up to the fight. Apparently his face was swollen etc, can’t say I noticed.
I still think he was beat fair and square by a fighter who he just couldn’t handle. He was undoubtably concussed from the first knockdown in the 3rd, which would explain some of his behaviour and the manner of the defeat. I think he was a broken man from there, and it’s easy to see why some would think he quit.

16 minutes ago, caleyjaggi said:

Not sure if some folk are just looking for excuses other than realise Joshua just isn’t as good as they’ve built him up to be, but would love to know if there’s truth in rumours he was knocked out in sparring in the build up to the fight. Apparently his face was swollen etc, can’t say I noticed.
I still think he was beat fair and square by a fighter who he just couldn’t handle. He was undoubtably concussed from the first knockdown in the 3rd, which would explain some of his behaviour and the manner of the defeat. I think he was a broken man from there, and it’s easy to see why some would think he quit.

There are whispers the reason AJs Dad was so upset with Hearn post fight was because AJ got KO'd recently in sparring and they wanted to postpone the fight but Eddie refused.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There are whispers the reason AJs Dad was so upset with Hearn post fight was because AJ got KO'd recently in sparring and they wanted to postpone the fight but Eddie refused.

Hearn said AJ’s dad was blaming this that and the other and couldn’t accept that it’s sport and his boy was beaten by the better man. 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I heard he was backstabbed by so called friends in the Nightswatch, but the Red Witch wasn't available, to resurrect him, until just before the ring walk. That's why he was asking what was going on in between rounds. It completely befuddled him, in a Men in Black Style &  apparently Bran was pure ragin' with Fast Eddie about it. As he had arrived just in time for the fight too.

I heard he was backstabbed by so called friends in the Nightswatch, but the Red Witch wasn't available, to resurrect him, until just before the ring walk. That's why he was asking what was going on in between rounds. It completely befuddled him, in a Men in Black Style &  apparently Bran was pure ragin' with Fast Eddie about it. As he had arrived just in time for the fight too.
Making a bit of an arse of yourself here m8. Not sure what it is you have a problem with.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Making a bit of an arse of yourself here m8. Not sure what it is you have a problem with.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Analysis of a boxing match requires one to look deeper than just the fact that someone has been punched m8.

Not if your looking for a reason for signs of concussion. Which was specifically what we we referring to.

I've a few previous posts on the fight if you want to read what I thought overall.