Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

6 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

The King of the heavyweight division #TilThisDay

Image result for deontay wilder

Awful night for Matchroom, shameless Eddie still managed to rob Persoon though I see. 

Tyson Fury will own the division when he gets a chance to redeem that dubious decision in december akthough everyone is just keeping the belts warm until Usyk gets accustomed to the division

A few folk on here seem quite upset that their man got beat last night.

It was only a matter of time, a carefully cultivated media image and nice muscles can only hide the obvious flaws for so long before someone exposed him.

I'd take a more focused Joshua on home soil to beat Ruiz, but last night only strengthened my belief that Fury would box rings round him and Wilder would knock him out.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Fury is the best in the division. He won't make the same mistake again... And skool wilder and Joshua. Oh and Riaz wouldn't have been able to hit him

Fury's second best win is Chisora.

He needs some real wins - with actual action - before he can call himself the best.

Although it would be David against Goliath I think Usyk could really trouble Fury. The movement that wows everyone at heavyweight would be nothing out of the ordinary to Usyk. 

He’s already injured though from just sparring big heavweights. It’s a totally different range of stresses on the body when you start thumping guys much heavier than you when you’re accustomed to sparring people your own size. 

47 minutes ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Tyson Fury will own the division when he gets a chance to redeem that dubious decision in december akthough everyone is just keeping the belts warm until Usyk gets accustomed to the division

Fury ran from the rematch, didn't want that smoke again. Still, hopefully we do get it next year as it will now show who the number 1 is beyond doubt.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

It’s amazing how many world champion boxers and boxing coaches we have in this thread [emoji23]

The good old sofa warriors

It’s almost as if this is some kind of forum, where people give their opinions on matters that interest them, and that they may have a level of knowledge about. An interesting concept, I know.

It’s almost as if this is some kind of forum, where people give their opinions on matters that interest them, and that they may have a level of knowledge about. An interesting concept, I know.

Sorry for adding my opinion

That's because every boxer out there has limitations, hence why Joshua was the guy at the top of the tree. 
I am a broken record but I'll say it once more - people crave failure on here of a 'British' boxer. 
Scottish though? Oh no. Taylor is the best thing since sliced bread. 

Mayweather

You love to see it. Beaten by the first good boxer he has faced. A really dominant performance from Ruiz.
You can't doubt big Fury as number one in the division now. His win against Klitschko and the Wilder robbery easily the best form of anyone in the division. Mad to see people calling him offensively poor as well, his jab and timing are outstanding.
Hhhhhm AJ still has the best record in the division and you can't question it. Yes Ruiz bossed the biggest majority of the fight but AJ imo looked very very flat from the start, looked uninterested to me, i knew he struggled with shorter fighters but never looked in it, the punches that knocked him down never seemed to have much behind them, he looked as if he gave up!!!!

Credit to Ruiz..... gives me hope that fattys can still do the business.

Folk in the last few pages ranting about folk being desperate for AJ to fail... I didnt want him to lose lastnight. Until the fight started, and Ruiz came back from the KD then proceeded to run through AJ with a polished performance to which he had no answer. At that point I wanted the right man to win.

This guy Buddie is having a particular mare on this thread.

As far as the rematch goes... On paper, its easy to dissect how AJ beats this guy. Everyone is using a different version of AJ to what we seen lastnight on paper though.

Could be wrong, but we all like a rash prediction. AJ is fucked and his days at the top of the heavyweight division are over. Theres mine.

11 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Yeah, I can watch a  fight without being so set towards one fighter or the other that I cant see whats in front of me. You showed that you cant with that utter bollocks about "punchers chance".

Ruiz showed up, outboxed, outmanned and finished AJ. Thats all there is to it. Theres not one aspect of boxing in which AJ was superior to Ruiz lastnight.