Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Billy Joe Saunders footwork is amazing. I wish he’d throw more though.

Started watching it but boring. Will watch it tomorrow. Hopefully wake up for big Deontay’s next knockout highlight

Interesting reading this thread, was there live and pretty close and had Taylor up by miles. Will need to watch it back on record tomorrow, but looked like he made Baranchyk miss constantly (barring the 6th) and his body work, foot work and head movement were excellent. Was no surprise to anyone round us when the scores were wide. Fully expected.

Taylor v Prograis in Glasgow please!

Really thought Josh coasted it. It looked close at times as Taylor simply can’t resist getting into a tear up. Then he’d switch back into boxing mode, land lots of clean double jabs, make him miss etc.

12 rounds against one of the toughest 10 stone guys you’ll ever see and he’s straight into noising up Prograis.

I think the two of them are pretty similar in so many ways but Josh just that wee bit bigger. Get the final at Easter Road. 

Wilder a good bit heavier than he was against Fury. Looks so ripped compared to Breazeale but Breazeale looks to be a wee bit taller than him. For all his faults in and out of the ring  I look forward to that freakshow right hand of Wilder’s. 

15 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Interesting reading this thread, was there live and pretty close and had Taylor up by miles. Will need to watch it back on record tomorrow, but looked like he made Baranchyk miss constantly (barring the 6th) and his body work, foot work and head movement were excellent. Was no surprise to anyone round us when the scores were wide. Fully expected.

Thought at the end when prograis said why are you all booing me I'm willing to come here and fight it was a clue that the final will be in Glasgow. Loads of empty seats, so not sure what the official crowd was.

19 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I was at it as well and would have gave Baranchyk 3 rounds. 2 of the early rounds and 1 around the 10th. Easy to be swayed by the crowd and you could hear some gasps when Baranchyk landed well. 

I love Taylor as a boxer but thought the scorecards were wide even though he certainly won. 

Just can't take to him though, his support of Tommy Robinson in the past as well as other retweets marks him out as a ned and hopefully rougarou sparks him. 

Not long back. Not a bad evening that seeing a top 5 P4P do his thing and the crowning of a new Scottish world champion.

I had it 3-2 Taylor after 5 so thought it was relatively close but after the punishing round 6 I felt Josh really coasted home with ease. Still can't resist a tear up even in the last round he was getting involved in exchanges I felt weren't necessary. He's the man in the middle though and obviously never felt Baranchyk was a threat which can be a dangerous game in itself.

How good is Inoue by the way? Jokes.

For those saying they think Taylor cruised it, I think a rewatch with no commentators and perhaps the hindsight of knowing that he wasn't about to get melted would yield that perspective, or at least it would appear easier ont he second watch. Baranchyk was so game, strong and relentless that it looked like he was in the fight. It was apparent though how well Josh made him miss

Edited by Bairnardo

TBF Prograis is a far, far better operator than Baranchyk.
I said before the fight that Baranchyk's style would be difficult for Taylor. I actually think Prograis' style is an easier fight.
For those in attendance that saw it wide, I think the atmosphere plays a big part in that, aside from the 6th and 7th, Baranchyk was in every round. I had Taylor 2 rounds down after 5 personally.

Surprised to hear that there was alot of empty seats, hope that doesn't put them off bringing the final here.