Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

23 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Eddie's only gone and got it on Sky Sports. Hero.

Hopefully he is demanding less daft lights round the ring and more Sweet Caroline.

Sky taking Taylor on makes sense. Their stable is looking thin at the moment especially with AJ in America and Callum Smith seemingly avoiding fighting in the UK like a plague.

Looks like Joe Joyce vs Daniel Dubois is being made. From what I've seen from Joyce he's a bit slow and doesn't look like a heavy puncher. Solid jab though.
This fight is definitely not being made at the moment. Joyce just signed with Adam Booth, will look for a journey man next.

6 minutes ago, Stevieda said:
1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:
Looks like Joe Joyce vs Daniel Dubois is being made. From what I've seen from Joyce he's a bit slow and doesn't look like a heavy puncher. Solid jab though.

This fight is definitely not being made at the moment. Joyce just signed with Adam Booth, will look for a journey man next.

Twitter is saying it's an absolute definite for July in the O2. Dubois still has to get through his opponent on Saturday first but shortly after that Warren will promote the hell out of it I'm sure.

Joyce Dubois apparently agreed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/boxing/48042622#click=https://t.co/Psj5PvNcZI
Interesting one. Joyce has looked very stiff and robotic when I’ve seen him in the pro’s and Dubois has looked a bit of an animal, but the only fighter of note on his record is the 39 year old Kevin Johnson who managed to drag him the distance...

Joyce Dubois apparently agreed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/boxing/48042622#click=https://t.co/Psj5PvNcZI
Interesting one. Joyce has looked very stiff and robotic when I’ve seen him in the pro’s and Dubois has looked a bit of an animal, but the only fighter of note on his record is the 39 year old Kevin Johnson who managed to drag him the distance...
Zero chance of this fight happening. Neither of them want it, God knows why the bbboc are saying it's on. Warren would run a mile if that fight looked like reality, while Joyce is conceivably 2 or 3 wins from a world title fight and big pay day. I'd love to see it but no one is taking a chance right now at heavyweight, other than Whyte.

Zero chance of this fight happening. Neither of them want it, God knows why the bbboc are saying it's on. Warren would run a mile if that fight looked like reality, while Joyce is conceivably 2 or 3 wins from a world title fight and big pay day. I'd love to see it but no one is taking a chance right now at heavyweight, other than Whyte.

Don’t really see how Whyte passing up title fights to face Óscar Rivas is taking a chance.

Don’t really see how Whyte passing up title fights to face Óscar Rivas is taking a chance.
I guess the reason is because he wants to be mandatory challenger for the title as he backs himself to win and therefore no rematch clause where he gets screwed on money. He accepted Joshua's terms as long as they were flipped for a rematch should whyte win - Joshua said no. So he is taking a harder route to become mandatory, including fighting Rivas who could beat him. Thus, taking a chance.

I guess the reason is because he wants to be mandatory challenger for the title as he backs himself to win and therefore no rematch clause where he gets screwed on money. He accepted Joshua's terms as long as they were flipped for a rematch should whyte win - Joshua said no. So he is taking a harder route to become mandatory, including fighting Rivas who could beat him. Thus, taking a chance.
Do you believe Joshua v Whyte would be a different outcome to the last fight?

Do you believe Joshua v Whyte would be a different outcome to the last fight?
I don't, no. Joshua by knockout all the way. I think the big 3 would all beat Whyte and probably Usyk too. Anyone else in the top 10 would be close with him I think.

But the important thing is Whyte thinks it would be different and that's why he is going looking for the mandatory so he can negotiate lucrative terms for the rematch.

Loma on Teofimo Lopez...

"If I go at him now it´s going to be like in that parable, you know, when a dog comes to a lion and says 'Let's fight!' And the lion says, 'Go away, I don't want to fight with you.' The dog then says, 'You must be afraid of me. I will go and tell everyone in the forest that you are afraid of me.' And the lion says, 'Go ahead, because I would prefer that everyone in the forest says that I'm afraid, than everyone say that I beat a dog.'"