Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

What chances Kahn's team complaining to the WBO, about not being given the full 5 mins recovery, & getting the fight declared a No Contest/Disqualification?

He had no intention of carrying on, he quit. 

Will he finally take the Brook fight for a final pay day?  Can't say I'm fussed either way about seeing the 2 washed up welterweights now, fight should have been made years ago.

Edited by MONKMAN

He had no intention of carrying on, he quit. 
Will he finally take the Brook fight for a final pay day?  Can't say I'm fussed either way about seeing the 2 washed up welterweights now, fight should have been made years ago.

Not a fan of either, but if that fight ever goes ahead I genuinely hope Khan annihilates Brook.

On 2/4/2019 at 14:01, Shandon Par said:

Eddie Hearn saying the other day that unless Barancyk does pull out then they'll look to get the Taylor fight on Sky. Kalle said they did get tv offers in the last round but nothing that was "right for the brand!. I know Adam Smith is a big fan of Taylor but that was the first time I'd heard Hearn mention him. I'm glad he's not totally under the radar.

And lo, it came to pass. Brilliant exposure for Josh. He says he's looking to take Barancyk's head clean off due to all the fannying about. 

16 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Baranchyk isn’t very good and is pretty fortunate to be holding a world title. His defence just isn’t there at all, he’s easily hit and he’ll play straight into Taylor’s hands. A lot of people will see he’s Eastern European and assume he is some Usyk/Loma light welter but he’s actually a raw come-forward type of fighter. I’ve seen him 3 times, in probably his 3 best wins (Yigit, Petrov, Wang), and it’s notable that all 3 are natural lightweights. Josh is practically a welterweight and will be huge in there on the night and I can’t see anything else but a clinical beatdown, possibly a late stoppage.

Josh could just box him at distance but he just loves a good scrap so can see it being exciting - until Josh drops him. With Freddie Roach training Barancyk now, the style you describe isn't going to change. He comes forward throwing big overhand rights and follows it with a decent straight left - works well against wee guys but can see Josh timing him and clobbering him with hooks and uppercuts. 

11 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I think Yigit could have boxed him if he was naturally bigger and had more power to keep him off. Even low level guys like Wang (probably the toughest guy in boxing) were lighting Baranchyk up quite a bit. I think there are several ways Josh can win this fight so I’ll be interested to see how he does it.

Barancyk looks like a wee angry weightlifter - just can't see Josh having any fears.