Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

16 minutes ago, sjc said:

I'm not sure being knocked out would be Burn's choice of "passing the torch" in all honesty.

A lot of boxers want the ring to retire them. Hopkins for example couldnt put it down until he had to. 

Being knocked out might be the best way to realise you dont have it anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A lot of boxers want the ring to retire them. Hopkins for example couldnt put it down until he had to. 

Being knocked out might be the best way to realise you dont have it anymore. 

True but 5 losses in his last 12 fights should be a decent indicator.

That said, I notice he's never been KO'd.

1 minute ago, sjc said:

True but 5 losses in his last 12 fights should be a decent indicator.

That said, I notice he's never been KO'd.

Theres the whole picking a loss thats worthy too. Old lion v young lion etc. These guys dont think rationally when it comes to hanging them up. Going out in front of a home crowd to a young Scottish future champ might just feel right to him. 

Anyway, all that matters is that I think its a decent fight to give the fans in the circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Theres the whole picking a loss thats worthy too. Old lion v young lion etc. These guys dont think rationally when it comes to hanging them up. Going out in front of a home crowd to a young Scottish future champ might just feel right to him. 

Anyway, all that matters is that I think its a decent fight to give the fans in the circumstances. 

Maybe. I'm not sure of his thinking. I used to work with his best mate on a job back in Edinburgh. Decent amateur boxer himself.....might ask him what the craic is.

Agree that it would be a decent fight though.

Shame as I thought Taylor v Barancyk would have been really exciting and all action, with Barancyk getting spectacularly knocked out by half way.

Taylor and Burns have sparred and I’m sure it will all be respectful but Josh’s spiteful side will remember that Burns tipped Ohara Davies to beat him. 

Just now, JamieStevenson said:

What do we make of Smith v Eggington tonight?

Should be a decent enough scrap for however long it lasts, Smith will stop him though.

Hopefully we get some scouse glass jaws cracked tonight. Fowler getting violently knocked out would be great.