Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Crawford has the best chance of beating Spence. I like Thurman but i think he would get stopped by Spence. I would rather see Spence-Porter than Pacquiao i think, just so Spence can get another belt and Porter will hopefully f**k off so no one has to watch his god awful fighting style again. Hopefully Mikey goes back to 135, we need him vs Lomachenko.
Nery-Inoue needs to be made after Inoue wins the Super Series as well. Preferably after Nery get the WBC belt back.
You want to watch Shawn Porter in a boxing match?
I have a horrible horrible feeling Khan is going to upset the apple cart.
Surely not serious?

Hilarious KO inbound.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

You want to watch Shawn Porter in a boxing match? Surely not serious?

Nah i want Spence to take his belt, i'd happily never watch Porter fight ever again. The fact he beat Usyk as an amateur blows my mind.

I don't mind Porter as much as others. Like seeing how people deal with his style and has taken more tough fights at 147 than the other PBC fighters that should be made to get in the ring with each other. Seems like a genuinely nice guy as well despite having a bit of a weirdo as a father.

Josh Taylor still preparing for Barancyk and dismisses WBSS "rumours". He has signed his fight contract etc. Going to be like Estonia v Scotland when Josh gets in the ring with no opponent...

Wilder has a press conference tomorrow to announce what he's up to (knocking back 100 million dollars from DAZN for 3 fights). 

Yeah serious mate just something in the back of my mind telling me its not going to be a straight forward Crawford win like it should be.

Bud imo is top 5 pound for pound and should blow Khan away but i have an awful feeling he wont.

Khan has never troubled a top pound for pound fighter at any stage of his career I don’t see a 32 year old punch drunk khan starting now

Wilder is quite happy fighting the Breazeale and Arreola's of this world. Would rather say he can beat AJ than actually prove it.

Breeze and Arreola would both beat big baby miller, IMO. So what does that say about AJ?

Could make it exactly the same statement just swapping the two of them about.

Khan has never troubled a top pound for pound fighter at any stage of his career I don’t see a 32 year old punch drunk khan starting now
He has never been less relevant than he is now. Chin cracked ans inactive fighting a sharpshooter, p4p fighter with a huge future in the game.

Genuinely cant wait to see Crawford abuse him.

That said, its a shit fight for Crawford to take, such is its one sidedness.

At least Khan and similarly Crolla with Loma are taking on these fights as they want to test themslves against the best, unlike the heavyweights looking for the easiest way to the most money.

I find Khan a strange one on this subject. To me it seems like he is happy to fight someone way above his level as he doesn’t think it tarnishes his reputation eg Canelo, Bud etc. Yet seems to me he is terrified to fight someone like Brook as if he loses he has nowhere to go after that.

Bellew too against Usyk. Doesn't tarnish his career losing to Usyk and he can claim he was ahead on the cards (until getting smashed). Conversely, Fury can justify taking an easy fight next as despite calling him a talentless dosser he is happy to admit Wilder's power, even in a jab, is like nothing else he has faced so has nothing more to prove to anyone. Schooled Wlad, robbed against Wilder. He can offer willing randoms a crack at his lineal title and make a good few quid for himself. 

Breeze and Arreola would both beat big baby miller, IMO. So what does that say about AJ?

Didn't Joshua already beat breaze convincingly ? Difference between Wilder and Joshua is that out of the two genuine names on Wilders record, one has nearly knocked him out and the other gave him a boxing lesson. Joshua hasn't been bested by anyone so far.

2 hours ago, AUFC90 said:
22 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Didn't Joshua already beat breaze convincingly ? Difference between Wilder and Joshua is that out of the two genuine names on Wilders record, one has nearly knocked him out and the other gave him a boxing lesson. Joshua hasn't been bested by anyone so far.

He got up off the floor to stop Wlad.