Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:
ITV4 with Spence v Garcia 2am Sunday. Wilder's wee brother on the undercard.

Spence to dole out a bit of a beatdown. Be worth watching though.

Garcia's training for it sounded horrific - all high altitude, scientific stuff. Won't change the fact Spence will be so much bigger than him on the night. 

Garcia's training for it sounded horrific - all high altitude, scientific stuff. Won't change the fact Spence will be so much bigger than him on the night. 
Aye. Bigger and a nasty fucker. Spence will break him down inside or at distance. Its a good example of the good big guy will always beat the good little guy. Garcia might have his momentd but they will be moments for the judges, not ones to hurt and put Spence off.

I have a feeling it'll be very competitive early on and Spence is going to go to the body repeatedly on the inside to try and slow Garcia down and sap his energy, will then start backing him up to the ropes more and more around 7/8/9, and then finish him in 10 or 11.  

Rounds 10-12 for Spence is 15/2, which I think is pretty good value.

12 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Anybody any ideas what story with the Taylor fight? Is this going ahead or what?

Just booked hotel and will be gutted if this doesn’t go ahead

Taylor's opponent is adamant he's not coming to Glasgow. WBSS organiser says he is as he's under contract to do so. WBSS have been saying for ages that tickets will be on sale in the next few days. Suggestions that they could sub Ricky Burns for Barancyk (although Burns had already been penciled in for another fight on 1st June). Other promoters have looked at the situation with regards to fixing up a Taylor fight elsewhere. Who knows. 

Porter got a very debatable split decision win. Looking forward to the Spence v Garcia fight but Spence is far too big for Mikey. Least he has the balls to step uo two weight classes tho when others at 147 avoid him. Crawford v Spence a better fight but hopefully Garcia gets a win as he's one of my favourite US based fighters.

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Taylor's opponent is adamant he's not coming to Glasgow. WBSS organiser says he is as he's under contract to do so. WBSS have been saying for ages that tickets will be on sale in the next few days. Suggestions that they could sub Ricky Burns for Barancyk (although Burns had already been penciled in for another fight on 1st June). Other promoters have looked at the situation with regards to fixing up a Taylor fight elsewhere. Who knows. 

The Taylor card was announced well before the Breidis and Prograis cards and I believe both of those have tickets on sale.

Baranchyk ain't coming so it doesn't look great. 

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

The Taylor card was announced well before the Breidis and Prograis cards and I believe both of those have tickets on sale.

Baranchyk ain't coming so it doesn't look great. 

And the fight was meant to have been “early 2019”. Taylor wanted three fights this year too. 

On 11/03/2019 at 19:01, Shandon Par said:

Dave Allen has actually trained for this one and Browne has trained for it by getting battered around Turnberry at a dinner show fight last weekend. Shades of World of Sport about this one. 

I thought you were joking about this til I googled it.  Fucking hell.

Spence looks like the weight drop has really been tough for him. The altitude training makes sense for Garcia as in the ring he's going to be more on edge than normal, with the consequences of getting clipped by Spence being far more severe than against a normal trainer so despite looking calm he'll be breathing hard. Spence obviously been training hard and will put weight back on by fight night but he could be a bit drained. I'll go split decision in Spence's favour but even money for Spence to stop him looks good value purely on the basis of good big guy against good wee guy. 

Just got an email alert through selling the tickets for the Prograis show in Lafayette.

At the bottom it says "A ticketing update on the Glasgow show will be made in the coming days"

Ma baws.