Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Stacked Wraps
Catchweights
Multiple rehydration clauses (despite having been quoted saying he will come in at 180 or 190 if its what he needs to win)
Failed drug tests
Ludicrous score cards
Fighting welterweights as a middleweight

Anyone got anything else for the Saul "Canelo" Alvarez catalogue of being a horrendous w**k?
He's a ginger?

Aye, it was just the showtime show being broadcast on itv4 if I mind right, certainly during the fight anyway. Can’t recall them fucking the adverts a couple times. Although I do remember that big fella Ronald McIntosh apologising after the fight for Broner swearing as we had now entered watershed time again. Edit; maybe had our own commentators as well. But it was certainly showtimes videolink or whatever
It was the US commentary. Ronald McIntosh just popped up a couple of times between rounds to plug the DeGale Eubank fight and to apologise for Broner's potty mouth.

It was the US commentary. Ronald McIntosh just popped up a couple of times between rounds to plug the DeGale Eubank fight and to apologise for Broner's potty mouth.

Mind was playing tricks on me. Could remember definitely hearing Ronny McIntosh but was thinking why would he be on showtime. Still not over how fuckin late it was by the time Pac-Man started.

Wonder if Joyce will be able to get through Stiverne's impenetrable guard?
tenor.gif?itemid=11288518&key=b030212a0e4931a07ede27237b52d3898cde6ea4466ffff5491898696f25df6b

Stiverne was 239lbs when he took Deontay the distance. He was 254lbs and after 2 years out when Deontay scudded him about. Against Joyce he’s coming in 14 months on from that scudding...I expect Joyce to add a decent name to his record in February.

40 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Stiverne was 239lbs when he took Deontay the distance. He was 254lbs and after 2 years out when Deontay scudded him about. Against Joyce he’s coming in 14 months on from that scudding...I expect Joyce to add a decent name to his record in February.

Joe Joyce v Big Joe Joyce is the fight if like to see in 2019. Joe Joyce would go to training camp. Big Joe Joyce would soak his hands in petrol overnight and look out his best polo neck. 

Joe Joyce v Big Joe Joyce is the fight if like to see in 2019. Joe Joyce would go to training camp. Big Joe Joyce would soak his hands in petrol overnight and look out his best polo neck. 

Gives another dimension to “fighting for the family name”

Allen-Browne is just a pub brawl. Credit to these guys they are doing well to be taking the money out of the sport they are with absolutely no talent to speak of.
Want Allen to do well to be honest. Clearly has a lot of issues going on. Can't beat a good brawl either but they are two poor boxers.

3 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

For anyone that wasn’t aware, Keith Thurman’s fight is on ITV4 tonight. Good to see him back after almost two years out, fingers crossed he’ll be s lot more active now, cracking boxer.

Bookmarked, & added an extra hour. Missed the Pacman/Broner fight last week, without it.:oops

8 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

For anyone that wasn’t aware, Keith Thurman’s fight is on ITV4 tonight. Good to see him back after almost two years out, fingers crossed he’ll be s lot more active now, cracking boxer.

Actually watched the highlights of his fight with Danny Garcia when it popped up on my YouTube yesterday. The volume of punches along with the power they were thrown at it was a miracle how none of them were knocked down, although both were close to it at points.