Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Rumours of Klitschko Whyte at Wembley in April and AJ over to America to fight Miller.

Whyte has said he thinks that will be AJ's next fight and AJ seemed to pretty wowed by MSG at the Canelo v Burns fight. Suppose it would be a good introduction to the States for him. 

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Must have been a rarity for Brad to meet someone ever more unhinged than him! 

Disappointed I missed it, take it you weren't there either? Got a casual week training planned next week then going back to Holyrood the week after. 

2 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Disappointed I missed it, take it you weren't there either? Got a casual week training planned next week then going back to Holyrood the week after. 

Got a couple of new folk starting at work and once they're up to speed in a week or two I should be able to skive off Thursdays and one other afternoon for open gym at HBG. Have missed going there regularly since moving to the retirement village of Juniper Green and want to get back into it semi-regular before I'm too old and decrepit.  

Do people want to see Khan v Brook? Maybe a few years ago as someone mentioned above. 
Kind of similar to the Ricky Hatton, Junior Witter situation. They should have fought when both title holders in their prime but the higher profile fighter (Hatton) wasn't interested. 
Then Witter got flattened by Tim Bradley, who would have taken Hatton out as well.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Got a couple of new folk starting at work and once they're up to speed in a week or two I should be able to skive off Thursdays and one other afternoon for open gym at HBG. Have missed going there regularly since moving to the retirement village of Juniper Green and want to get back into it semi-regular before I'm too old and decrepit.  

It's a nice place to live, don't think you're all Juniper Green'd just yet! Give me a shout when you're going, I'll see you in there. I work from home a lot so going to give the new morning sessions a try, but usually do the afternoon open gym. 

2 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

It's a nice place to live, don't think you're all Juniper Green'd just yet! Give me a shout when you're going, I'll see you in there. I work from home a lot so going to give the new morning sessions a try, but usually do the afternoon open gym. 

Magic - will do. I'm itching for some sparring. Been on the bags loads lately but it doesn't have the adrenaline buzz. 

Give him a fucking licking....(I don’t mind who gives who a black eye and bleeding nose, just hope for a full debrief on here).
I can’t see it being AJ v Miller & Whyte v Klitschko but just what I heard. Whyte v Miller would be interesting to see, AJ v Miller I wouldn’t be staying/getting up for...

Excellent performance from Caleb Plant to take the IBF super middleweight title from Uzcategui last night. Had seen Uzcategui talked up before the fight but Plant dominated from start to finish, putting him on the floor twice as well. Used the jab to the body well and couldn't miss with the left hook all night. I only gave Uzcategui two rounds. Seems like they will rematch but would like to see Callum Smith in with Plant, would be a cracker.

Wonder if the WBSS has found a UK tv deal? Fighters were still waiting last month on win bonuses and the next round was meant to be Feb/March. The announcement for May hopefully means Kalle has a plan to flog the fight to the Scottish public. Or has taken enough powder to have the confidence to think he has plenty of time to find a broadcaster and sell all the tickets.

12 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Excellent performance from Caleb Plant to take the IBF super middleweight title from Uzcategui last night. Had seen Uzcategui talked up before the fight but Plant dominated from start to finish, putting him on the floor twice as well. Used the jab to the body well and couldn't miss with the left hook all night. I only gave Uzcategui two rounds. Seems like they will rematch but would like to see Callum Smith in with Plant, would be a cracker.

He looks pretty good, light division just now, could do well there.

Khan saying at the age of 32 he no longer needs to ‘hype’ his own fights, he just lets his boxing skills ‘build up’ the anticipation.
Hmm you sure that’s not just fight fans expecting to see you on your arse again Amir!!?