Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Do people want to see Khan v Brook? Maybe a few years ago as someone mentioned above. 

Kind of similar to the Ricky Hatton, Junior Witter situation. They should have fought when both title holders in their prime but the higher profile fighter (Hatton) wasn't interested. 

I agree that he’s not strictly ducking the Brook fight and is fighting a guy way way above Brook’s level but imo he wants nothing to do with Brook as his ego couldn’t handle losing to Kell Brook. I honestly think Khan knows his days are numbered and he is never going to compete at the level he was before and is taking fights he knows he can’t eg Canelo & Crawford as nobody expects anything of him and it doesn’t damage his reputation like a loss to someone like brook would.
Whatever but I'd hardly call ot ducking. Brookes not exactly thr A side and Khan doesn't need that fight whatsoever. Im no fan of Khan but for a knockout he would easily outbox Brooke everyday of the week.

Can't really accuse Khan of ducking he went to the US and took a lot big fights at 140, Brook's careers a disgrace in comparison,who's his second best win? Khan holds all the leverage and he knows it and using it to take the piss out of Brook and Hearn which is fair enough imo. 

2 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Anyone know where the best place to get tickets for a Joshua fight the wee man wants to go down in april.

Sadly Stubhub is the place to get them. We've been to the last couple at Wembley and Stubhub's website is shambolic, but they're the selling partner, so Fast Eddie skims off the top and they're all happy. Once the opponent (Whyte) is confirmed (Whyte) they'll release the ticket details. As it won't be Fury, Wilder or Usyk (Whyte) I'd doubt it'll sell out immediately, so you should be able to get them fairly easily.

Regarding Khan and Brook, the fight is way past it's sell-by date, but it would still sell massively due to all the coverage it's had, and Khan losing to Crawford won't  change that. At no point during  their careers have I ever thought that Brook would win the fight, and especially not now that the scar tissue around his eyes is destroyed and both eye sockets are gubbed. The idea that Khan has ducked him at any point is farcical also. Brook has spent his career chasing the biggest fight available to him - Khan - whilst Khan has chased bigger and better - Mayweather / Pacquaio - and is continuing to do so by fighting one of the best P4P boxers in the  world and a current world champion. The Brook fight offers nothing  other than money and some local bragging rights, while beating Crawford would legitimately add to Khan's legacy (not that I think he will) and crown him a world champion again. Fighting Crawford is a no-brainer, IMO.

Sadly Stubhub is the place to get them. We've been to the last couple at Wembley and Stubhub's website is shambolic, but they're the selling partner, so Fast Eddie skims off the top and they're all happy. Once the opponent (Whyte) is confirmed (Whyte) they'll release the ticket details. As it won't be Fury, Wilder or Usyk (Whyte) I'd doubt it'll sell out immediately, so you should be able to get them fairly easily.
Regarding Khan and Brook, the fight is way past it's sell-by date, but it would still sell massively due to all the coverage it's had, and Khan losing to Crawford won't  change that. At no point during  their careers have I ever thought that Brook would win the fight, and especially not now that the scar tissue around his eyes is destroyed and both eye sockets are gubbed. The idea that Khan has ducked him at any point is farcical also. Brook has spent his career chasing the biggest fight available to him - Khan - whilst Khan has chased bigger and better - Mayweather / Pacquaio - and is continuing to do so by fighting one of the best P4P boxers in the  world and a current world champion. The Brook fight offers nothing  other than money and some local bragging rights, while beating Crawford would legitimately add to Khan's legacy (not that I think he will) and crown him a world champion again. Fighting Crawford is a no-brainer, IMO.

Cheers mate any idea price range?

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Even if they were pensioners Khan - Brook would still pull 60,000 Marshmallos and that's the biggest problem with UK pro boxing imo.

Cheers mate any idea price range?

Will be specific to the card, but from memory the prices are usually about 40, 80, 150, 200, 300 and then hospitality, etc. I think.

We went for the £80 ones in the Club Wembley section for the Povetkin fight and was pretty good, view is decent enough from there (and can see the big screens above the ring from anywhere no bother) and the set-up in the concourse is excellent for beers, food, etc. With a couple of bars, and loads of booths and pop-up stands.

Anyone know where the best place to get tickets for a Joshua fight the wee man wants to go down in april.

I’d avoid stubhub like the plague if I could. Shower of c***s. Went to AJ Klitschko and got them through matchroom - mate paid £20 to join to give us the best chance. We got £60 ones (think the equivalent to £80 for povetkin) and it was better view / closer than we were expecting.

I’d avoid stubhub like the plague if I could. Shower of c***s. Went to AJ Klitschko and got them through matchroom - mate paid £20 to join to give us the best chance. We got £60 ones (think the equivalent to £80 for povetkin) and it was better view / closer than we were expecting.
The tickets easy enough to get? Anyone know of anywhere i can sign up to get alerts for when tickets go on sale?

Just wait until the fight is announced and they will link you to tickets from there. Calm yersel' doon you will get tickets if you want them.

Liam Smith has left Uncle Frank to join Matchroom so I would imagine they will match him with Brook at some point in the near future. Doesn't exactly get me excited that fight but I'm sure that will change once Sweet Caroline comes on.