Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

He's been knocked down by three opponents now and Ortiz, Molina and Arreola were taking the punches that put him down on Saturday. He was probably saved by his jelly legs meaning he only really took one full punch at a time.

He doesn't have any power to keep AJ off him or the chin to last 12 rounds with him.

You're on a roll! :thumsup2

H_B’s trolling attempts [emoji23] what an absolute oddball.

Good to see the WBC have ordered an immediate rematch. May / June at Old Trafford would be tremendous.

More importantly though, nearly a year to the day since I had the honour and privilege of watching boxing’s P4P best put on a masterclass at MSG, the absolute top boy is on again tomorrow night and likely to unify the lightweight division. Pedraza’s height and reach might get him an early advantage, but fully expect Lomachenko to have worked his way inside within 3 or 4 rounds and then to systematically break him down. Absolutely love any opportunity to see the genius at work.

3 hours ago, jaggyness said:

The WBC have ordered a rematch of fury wilder. That'll upset matchroom

Just to make sure Wilder doesn't have to fight Brezeale next, apparently.

Joshua v Wilder is still the next expected fight after being given an exception.

I don’t see Joshua being able to land on Fury enough to stop him. I think Fury has the ability to make Joshua look very very ordinary and with Fury’s movement I think Joshua might gas second half of the fight.
Thing is tho Joshua isn't very ordinary, Fury against Wilder is a totally different prospect. Against Wilder fury was countering him off the back of Wilders wild swings so hitting him flush was easy and if he had AJ's power there wouldn't of been a chance of him being robbed. Do you think AJ will be as easy to hit??? Yes he's a bit stiff but his defence is pretty decent so furys is going to have a harder job to get through plus he'll be hit a lot lot more.

Thing is tho Joshua isn't very ordinary, Fury against Wilder is a totally different prospect. Against Wilder fury was countering him off the back of Wilders wild swings so hitting him flush was easy and if he had AJ's power there wouldn't of been a chance of him being robbed. Do you think AJ will be as easy to hit??? Yes he's a bit stiff but his defence is pretty decent so furys is going to have a harder job to get through plus he'll be hit a lot lot more.
I doubt AJ goes looking for a KO against Fury. He would set up to get by on points. Furys ability to move and his size leaning in in you all thr time would see AJ gas easily if he went headhunting.

Imagine seeing those two at the weigh in and knowing that Furys cardio was better [emoji23]

I doubt AJ goes looking for a KO against Fury. He would set up to get by on points. Furys ability to move and his size leaning in in you all thr time would see AJ gas easily if he went headhunting.

Imagine seeing those two at the weigh in and knowing that Furys cardio was better [emoji23]
Aye he's remarkably fit for his size and the abuse his body has taken over the years. Hhhhm i see fury winning on points ro bw honest. Yeah AJ is a power based athlete so his cardio is always going to be poor but he's proved he can go rounds also finishing strong in these fights..... i do however think since he's rapidly progressed he takes less risks so a little less entertaining as imo he's scared to be beat.