Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

20 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Hearn pushing for Joshua wilder, Joshua knocks him out all day long but would never beat fury imo

It'll be who knocks who out 1st, the minute Joshua needs to take a backward step he looks like a drunk running backwards.

9 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

Hearn pushing for Joshua wilder, Joshua knocks him out all day long but would never beat fury imo

No way.    If Wilder can floor Fury twice who has far more defensive skills than Joshua then I can only see a Wilder KO.   Fury then wins the Wilder rematch and completes his fairytale comeback.  Lovely.

Fury had Wilder dazed a number of times, but didn't have the wherewithal to finish him. Can only imagine someone like Joshua would be better able to take advantage.

Fury-Wilder plays out the same again.

Fury-Joshua is the one I'd like to see most out of curiosity, though Joshua-Wilder is likely the better spectacle.

Hearn says Fury can't hurt AJ and that's a very telling comment. AJ doing his impression of a tree and getting decapitated by Wilder at Wembley would be dagger to the wallet/heart for the Matchroom crew. If Wilder had any doubts before he now knows he can't try and outbox Fury or AJ and will simply go headhunting. AJ clearly isn't scared of Wilder but if it's AJ v Whyte or whoever in April it's because Hearn is ducking him. He can offer him some condescending split he knows Wilder will knock back then be able to say "we made Wilder an offer and he ducked us". 

People are going on like AJ can't box when he quite clearly can, for me Joshua beats both because when he lands on fury like someone said the volume will be too much, as for wilder he doesn't really need to take backwards steps he should fight him on the inside, when he does get caught it will be interesting to see how he reacts, the knockdown against Klitscko was a beauty and he recovered well.

What do i want to see most...... AJ v Wilder as its the more entertaining fight.

I agree that fury will move around a lot but bottom line is AJ will be patient, he's shown he can take his time establish a distance from behind a jab. I personally think AJ has became more cautious the more he's fought. Agree its an easier fight against wilder as Joshua has very good timing, so when Wilder throws a big loopy right hand he'll be caught all night.

Yes fury is a great fighter but it could be flipped to Wilder not being very good.... not taking anything away from him as it was a one sided fight imho but Wilder never done anything to put him under pressure.

The psychology of a fight between Fury and AJ would be interesting. Fury toyed with Wilder in the press conferences and it meant he was ultra aggressive. It might be a different story in a rematch between the two, and I don't think Fury has had a rematch since he beat Chisora for a second time. AJ is better than Wilder, but I'm not sure he'd have enough to beat a Fury who is gradually getting back to his best.

People are going on like AJ can't box when he quite clearly can, for me Joshua beats both because when he lands on fury like someone said the volume will be too much, as for wilder he doesn't really need to take backwards steps he should fight him on the inside, when he does get caught it will be interesting to see how he reacts, the knockdown against Klitscko was a beauty and he recovered well.

What do i want to see most...... AJ v Wilder as its the more entertaining fight.

I don’t see Joshua being able to land on Fury enough to stop him. I think Fury has the ability to make Joshua look very very ordinary and with Fury’s movement I think Joshua might gas second half of the fight.

I don’t see Joshua being able to land on Fury enough to stop him. I think Fury has the ability to make Joshua look very very ordinary and with Fury’s movement I think Joshua might gas second half of the fight.
Possibly but so might fury as Joshua will put more pressure on him than Klitchko and Wilder!!! I don't get the all of a sudden hysteria over fury, we all knew how the fight with wilder would go, he'd outbox him but with the danger of Wilder landing and thats what happened. I personally thought wilder would of beat him.

As for Joshua yes he's been knocked down but got back up and its not like Klitchko can't punch as it was a fucker of a knock down, really really heavy however he got the job done then he's labelled as having a weak chin!!! Both fights will be great but i think Joshua wins both.

I want Fury v Usyk..... see what Fury is all about when he's not the superior boxer.

6 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

AJ is a much improved, decent boxer. A much better one than Wilder, but not as good in that department as Fury. I just think the styles mean that AJ will struggle against Fury as he doesn’t tend to badly hurt fighters with just one punch like Wilder does, and Fury showed he could get up from that. He’ll need to land combinations and establish his jab against Fury, both of which are very difficult to do against someone as slippery as that. It’s a hard fight to approach for Joshua, his stiffness and his tendency to gas mid-to-late means he probably shouldn’t go after Fury the whole fight like Wilder did, but I don’t see any other way to beat Fury other than to land a hellish punch or possibly to bully him against the ropes, which again, will be hard. Wilder, while very dangerous, is a much better style matchup for Joshua.

Fury is made of glass.

He's went down every time he's been hit with a decent shot in his career. It's not even like Wilder hit him with one of his right hand bombs, they were pretty basic punches.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Fury is made of glass.

He's went down every time he's been hit with a decent shot in his career. It's not even like Wilder hit him with one of his right hand bombs, they were pretty basic punches.

Literally none of this is accurate.

1 minute ago, LargsTON said:

Literally none of this is accurate.

He's been knocked down by three opponents now and Ortiz, Molina and Arreola were taking the punches that put him down on Saturday. He was probably saved by his jelly legs meaning he only really took one full punch at a time.

He doesn't have any power to keep AJ off him or the chin to last 12 rounds with him.