Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Aside from the 9th and 12th I gave Wilder the second and that was being generous. The only way you could give Wilder another round is if you didn’t know what you were watching. The rounds Fury won were not close regardless of punch stats.

Rumour that Khan v Crawford is being lined-up for March. Like the sound of that fight. More interesting than Khan v Brook.

Aside from the 9th and 12th I gave Wilder the second and that was being generous. The only way you could give Wilder another round is if you didn’t know what you were watching. The rounds Fury won were not close regardless of punch stats.

Rumour that Khan v Crawford is being lined-up for March. Like the sound of that fight. More interesting than Khan v Brook.
Well that's only going to end one way...

I see wilder wanting Joshua in April to cash out his time is coming to an end it’s all about money and that would make more than the rematch that fury would beat him again then the money plummets for him.

I think Joshua and fury would be happy to fight either but for wilder is all about making the most because there are better boxers out there than him.

55 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

I see wilder wanting Joshua in April to cash out his time is coming to an end it’s all about money and that would make more than the rematch that fury would beat him again then the money plummets for him.

I think Joshua and fury would be happy to fight either but for wilder is all about making the most because there are better boxers out there than him.

That works better for both Fury and Wilder as then they both get the big pay day against AJ.

21 hours ago, banana said:

I don't think this is true at all, he was just vastly outskilled by Fury. The gulf was embarrassing at times.

Just saw he put a post on IG that echoed what I said almost word for word, that he got anxious and tried to knock his head off instead of sticking to what he'd trained for. He realised he was out of his depth in terms of trying to box him so just started the big right hands. Don't think we learned too much that we didn't already know. Fury is an absolute freak of nature and class boxer and Wilder is a savage puncher but lacks experience of real top level fights. 

Just now, Deontay WildPar said:

Just saw he put a post on IG that echoed what I said almost word for word, that he got anxious and tried to knock his head off instead of sticking to what he'd trained for. He realised he was out of his depth in terms of trying to box him so just started the big right hands. Don't think we learned too much that we didn't already know. Fury is an absolute freak of nature and class boxer and Wilder is a savage puncher but lacks experience of real top level fights. 

Well aye, his gameplan was nullified.

Anyway, i t's a pity Wilder didn't get to fight any other top bois until this part of his career, he could've still developed into a better all-rounder if he was still say late 20s.

Sounds good, but will you get your money back when the fight doesn't happen?
What a night at the boxing, best fight I've ever been to by some distance. Fury's control was phenomenal and it has thrown the division open to its most exciting in over a decade. The atmosphere when Fury got banged in the 12th then get to his feet was unreal.

I think any future fights between the big 3 really could go either way as they all have their unique strengths and weaknesses. Hopefully we get to see a rematch or one of them fight AJ in the next 6 months.

Thought big Joe did ok on the undercard, took a few hits which he can't afford to do against a top 20 guy but it's also shows his chin is decent. He's called out Ortiz so a significant step up if it comes off.

What a night at the boxing, best fight I've ever been to by some distance. Fury's control was phenomenal and it has thrown the division open to its most exciting in over a decade. The atmosphere when Fury got banged in the 12th then get to his feet was unreal.

I think any future fights between the big 3 really could go either way as they all have their unique strengths and weaknesses. Hopefully we get to see a rematch or one of them fight AJ in the next 6 months.

Thought big Joe did ok on the undercard, took a few hits which he can't afford to do against a top 20 guy but it's also shows his chin is decent. He's called out Ortiz so a significant step up if it comes off.

Fair play, hope you had a cracking time. Watched it on the box and Fury was immense. Hopefully a rematch in UK on cards where Fury will outbox him again. AJ to face the winner. Fury's stock has now gone sky high, as is his approval ratings amongst the casual fans.

14 hours ago, Stevieda said:

Looked brilliant and made a mockery of the pre-fight stuff about pop sales. What was Ortiz like? 

16 minutes ago, Stevieda said:
1 hour ago, Deontay WildPar said:
Looked brilliant and made a mockery of the pre-fight stuff about pop sales. What was Ortiz like? 

Slow and turgid, thought he went backwards on Saturday night unfortunately. Still has that punch power but I fear it's the beginning of the end for him.

Cheers - wondered if he looked any less decrepit in the flesh. 

It looked awful mate, just thought it was pretty quiet so i never knew of i had heard wrong. Hope he pulls through.

Wonder how long people will jump on the ban boxing band wagon. As horrible as this is it comes with these types of risks sadly.

Hard to feel sorry for a massive c**t like Stevenson tbh

On 03/12/2018 at 22:11, J_Stewart said:

Whats interesting about it ? Crawford will destroy Khan, probably another brutal KO as well.