Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

4 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/45880370

This nice chap: should he be welcomed back into the sporting fraternity?

He is beyond delusional. I last seen him on the Burns/Mitchell undercard 6 years ago and he was shot to bits. I'm pretty sure he is not getting his license back so plans for world domination seem premature. Let's be honest he's a horrible c**t anyway.

In other news it would appear Uncle Eddie has signed up Canelo for a multi fight deal on the DAZN platform. That's some coup our Uncle and I would imagine will make the mind up for other big names to move to DAZN.

43 minutes ago, Neilly said:

In other news it would appear Uncle Eddie has signed up Canelo for a multi fight deal on the DAZN platform. That's some coup our Uncle and I would imagine will make the mind up for other big names to move to DAZN.

Surely not. :lol:

7 hours ago, Neilly said:

He is beyond delusional. I last seen him on the Burns/Mitchell undercard 6 years ago and he was shot to bits. I'm pretty sure he is not getting his license back so plans for world domination seem premature. Let's be honest he's a horrible c**t anyway.

Indeed. Surprised at BBC Scotland giving him publicity last evening.

11 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Surely not. :lol:

Apparently a 10 fight deal with a minimum of $365million guaranteed (more dependent on the scale of event and opponent). 

Brilliant signing and it should lead to more following. From our point of view, hopefully it leads to a few of his fights being on regular Sky Sports at least. But I'd imagine if they get any decent opponents lined up for him it'll be a Box Office event.

Been reading about it, looks like it's DAZN puting up the cash for this and nothing to do with Matchroom contractually. Won't do Hearn any harm though with his connection with DAZN. Pretty mental nonetheless though would have expected Showtime to have been a stick on to get his fights through PPV. 

Its a massive coup regardless who was behind in. The dazn platform will skyrocket now.... this may sound bad but it had to take a massive ethnic name like a Canelo who has a massive fan base, the whole of Mexico get behind him and going for $100 per ppv to $10 per subscription this will do great business. We have AJ and Canelo fighting on dazn along with WBSS who will be next? I hope garcia, davis, spence jr and the Charlo's follow.

Agreed they fight once a year cant remember thurmans last fight. Say what you want about eddie but one thing he does is put in the graft and doesrigjt quailty fights. With usyk being on-board you think loma will come along? See a mega fight with him and Garcia on the cards if they both sign.

Interesting times just now with HBO finally ending their walk away from the sport and DAZN getting Alvarez after chasing the likes of Broner and the Charlos. Not easy to be optimistic about fights getting made though, can see this just being another roadblock. 

Pacquaio to fight Broner in January. Hopefully Pacquiao can unleash a beating that puts Broner into retirement.

Broner has been ordered by the WBC to fight Linares, with the winner being mandatory to Garcia, but obviously fancies the payday more.

Broner has 3 wins in the last 3 years. One a SD over Granados which he could have lost, and the other two against Khabib and Theopane. The guy is irrelevant as far as I’m concerned but he’ll keep getting opportunities as long he wants them sadly.
I mean.... In boxing terms he is irrelevant, but no can ever take away from us what Maidana did to him. For as long as people discuss favourite or most hilarious moments, that entire match will always be relevant.

17 hours ago, Super_A said:

More networks being involved isn't a bad thing its fighters signing deals exclusively with networks that's the problem. 

I know what you mean but when do these kind of things ever end up working for us as fans? PBC looked promising for a while but didn't really end up that way although it's still the best right now.