Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

4 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Good finish from AJ but he was getting belted in the early rounds. He can take those punches from Povetkin but as shit as Wilder is he won't get that luxury. Wilder can bang him out and doubt if he'll fear AJ's punch power, which isn't great for all the size of him.

He has knocked everyone he has faced out apart from Parker. His punching power is phenomenal 

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Torn bicep apparently. Don’t understand how he could feel it with Adrenalin in his system. Even if he could? He’s in last chance saloon and it’s not going to kill him. Audrey harrsison fought with a dislocated shoulder

He was probably gassed out and didn't want another savage KO loss. He needs to retire or he is a certainty for a serious brain injury 

He has knocked everyone he has faced out apart from Parker. His punching power is phenomenal 
Aye he will get to folk eventually and he is what I'd say is a strong puncher not truly a KO artist. Wilder just windmills wildly but is a genuine knock out man. AJ won't and can't eat heavy punches.

Julian Jackson wasn't the best fighter ever but if he hit you, nighty night. Same as Wilder.

Joshua has fight changing power, Wilder has fight ending power. Joshua obviously hits very hard but almost all of his stoppages are ref stoppages even when he was fighting bums at the start he wasn't putting guys to sleep. He's fast and accurate when he goes for the finish though unlike Wilder who generally is a clumsy mess and just windmills away.

As for the fight tonight I wasn't that impressed with Joshua up until the finish, he looked worried about Povetkins left hook from the start and looked scarred to throw the right hand, I thought he might have been worried about gassing if he threw too many shots and didn't get Povetkin out of there. The finish was excellent though. Also the scorecards were a disgrace again in a Joshua fight. I had it 4-2 Povetkin, 3-3 would be the closet you could have it and that would be being generous, the fact all 3 judges had Joshua well ahead is a joke, the Wlad fight was the same.

The earliest Joshua-Wilder happens is this time next year i think, whoever hurts the other guy first will win. I  badly want the Don Usyk to get a shot at Joshua though, no idea when that will be possible though.

Okolie-Askin is one of the worst fights i've ever seen, they should make it illegal to have Okolie live on the tv again.

Thought it was an interesting watch. Slightly surprised how easily Povetkin seemed to get through in the first 3 rounds. He was at least level going into the 7th. Joshua did what all decent fighters do though, he was patient and worked out a way win. It cost him an early bloody nose and a few stinging shots thereafter, until he regained composure . Can’t argue with the finish though, nicely executed.
Joshua clearly has his critics, but think they should reserve judgement until they’ve sat through the shitfest in waiting if Wilder does fight Fury in early Dec.
Really hope Wilder comes through, then the Unification fight with Joshua happens next year, Politics aside.
How many fans see any real value in fighting Whyte again, or wish to see the fuckin circus that Tyson Fury will bring to town. Not me thanks.
AJ might not be the complete fighter or the finished article, but he’s the most watchable heavyweight of the current crop out there.

9 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Worse. He quit on his stool because he’d a “sore arm”.

My initial feeling was his corner pulled him out as he'd run out of steam and was likely to suffer another bad knockout.  The bicep injury was a cover story.

Thought it was an interesting watch. Slightly surprised how easily Povetkin seemed to get through in the first 3 rounds. He was at least level going into the 7th. Joshua did what all decent fighters do though, he was patient and worked out a way win. It cost him an early bloody nose and a few stinging shots thereafter, until he regained composure . Can’t argue with the finish though, nicely executed.
Joshua clearly has his critics, but think they should reserve judgement until they’ve sat through the shitfest in waiting if Wilder does fight Fury in early Dec.
Really hope Wilder comes through, then the Unification fight with Joshua happens next year, Politics aside.
How many fans see any real value in fighting Whyte again, or wish to see the fuckin circus that Tyson Fury will bring to town. Not me thanks.
AJ might not be the complete fighter or the finished article, but he’s the most watchable heavyweight of the current crop out there.

This is a good post, however if Fury beats Wilder AJ must fight him. Hollow champ with growing critics if he does not.

AJ v the winner of Fury v Wilder is the one and only legitimate heavyweight title fight left for him.

They arent fighting till December and AJ v the winner of those two will probably end up being after Cinco de Mayo at the earliest so no issue with AJ taking a stay busy. Whyte is pretty much a stay busy level of fight for AJ but it, or anytging else better not happen in place of the real deal.

AJ v the winner of Fury v Wilder is the one and only legitimate heavyweight title fight left for him.

They arent fighting till December and AJ v the winner of those two will probably end up being after Cinco de Mayo at the earliest so no issue with AJ taking a stay busy. Whyte is pretty much a stay busy level of fight for AJ but it, or anytging else better not happen in place of the real deal.

It will, I think. Hearn is wanting to delay either of those fights for as a long as possible. Based on last night I can’t see Fury beating him, because how on earth is anyone going to win on points if one of the judges only have Povetkin 1 round last night.

The fact that Fury and Wilder have made the fight so easily also piles the pressure on Hearn to stop making excuses.

12 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Torn bicep apparently. Don’t understand how he could feel it with Adrenalin in his system. Even if he could? He’s in last chance saloon and it’s not going to kill him. Audrey harrsison fought with a dislocated shoulder

Did Audley do it too, who against? I remember Danny Williams knocking out Mark Potter when he dislocated his shoulder (actually popped out twice). Worth a watch on youtube

2 hours ago, gkneil said:

Did Audley do it too, who against? I remember Danny Williams knocking out Mark Potter when he dislocated his shoulder (actually popped out twice). Worth a watch on youtube

Michael Sprott in their 2nd fight(Sprott knocked him out in the first) . Fraudley knocked Sprott out in round 12 with a dislocated shoulder the whole fight

19 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Good finish from AJ but he was getting belted in the early rounds. He can take those punches from Povetkin but as shit as Wilder is he won't get that luxury. Wilder can bang him out and doubt if he'll fear AJ's punch power, which isn't great for all the size of him.

Ortiz had Wilder rocked before he got knocked out himself. Wilder's chin isn't all that.

Be hilarious if Joshua fights Whyte next.
As in Whyte the man Wilders avoiding??? Wilder v Fury will be over before it starts. Wilder has 1 win of notice against Ortiz who is between 40 years old and 75, Fury has 1 win also. People use the 'oh Povetkin is old at 39' but credit wilder against Ortiz. The irony is staggering

It certainly isn't and by no means is Wilder a good boxer but if that punch from Povetkin that went through his guard and nearly sat him down in round one was from Wilder, he'd still be sleeping today
If ma Auntie had bawz.