Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

SSN reports Manuel Charr stripped of his WBA Regular Heavyweight title, after a +ve test for steroids. His upcoming fight with Fres Oquendo is off.

Didn't Oquendo take the WBA to court, over a title shot that's still never happened?

Forgive the casual here what do you guys think of Okolie could he be the real deal ?

Saw him on the Burns card in Glasgow last year. I assume he was fighting a diddy as im sure it was only his second or third fight but the boys punching power looked absolutely frightening. Interested to see how he does on Saturday 

So far so good. I’ve been impressed any time I’ve seen him, especially against Chamberlain who himself is a talented young fighter.

Saturday should be another step up for him, but I’d be surprised if he doesn’t win comfortably. Real tests likely won’t come until he steps up to World level, and nothing I’ve seen so far suggests he can’t.

I will be very very impressed if AJ can dispatch Povetkin soundly. I think a lot of people are writing Povetkin off foolishly. An impressive win here would tuck right in behind the Klitschko win as the most impressive of his career.

I just have a sneaky wee feeling that Povetkin is going to catch AJ with something big early on and we will see how he recovers.

Povetkin is a fucking cheat though so he deserves nothing. Just cant buy into how favoured AJ seems.

57 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I will be very very impressed if AJ can dispatch Povetkin soundly. I think a lot of people are writing Povetkin off foolishly. An impressive win here would tuck right in behind the Klitschko win as the most impressive of his career.

I just have a sneaky wee feeling that Povetkin is going to catch AJ with something big early on and we will see how he recovers.

Povetkin is a fucking cheat though so he deserves nothing. Just cant buy into how favoured AJ seems.

I've got £10 on Povetkin by KO.  Not necessarily expecting it but well worth a punt.

Povetkin coming in pretty light at 15st 12lbs. Joshua at 17st 8lbs be expecting to be able to bully him a bit.
I wouldn’t put anyone off a small bet on the Povetkin KO, can’t see the fight going the distance at all.

Povetkin coming in pretty light at 15st 12lbs. Joshua at 17st 8lbs be expecting to be able to bully him a bit.
I wouldn’t put anyone off a small bet on the Povetkin KO, can’t see the fight going the distance at all.

Aye, a wee side bet on Povetkin shouldn’t be overlooked. The drugs cheat can bang.

Wilder Fury confirmed December 1st.

No venue confirmed yet. I’m in New York that week, apparently it’s between there and LA. Praying it’s in NY.

One of my pals said the venue is being announced on Monday so worth keeping an eye out.