Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Just now, Detournement said:

It's not the defining moment of Canelo's career though. He's got 6-7 years of big fights left in him and he's been in big fights before.

GGG won the 1st fight and by the sounds of it had this one too in his career defining fight. 

Both fights have "hometown decision" written all over them!

The scorecards in boxing are getting more and more ridiculous. They should just call a draw if a fight goes the distance.

5 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Mayweather vs Pacquiao December 8th apparently.

zzzzzzz.....not for me after the first charade of a fight thanks. Besides, I thought he was going to give Conor McGregor a fight in the octagon?! Yeh right! :lol:

FMJ must be burning through his cash at some rate!

25 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I watched it. It was very even and Canelo won most of the early fight. Apparently the BT commentators were fanboying GGG which seems to have coloured some people's perception.

I'd like to see Golovkin vs BJS and Canelo vs Charlo.

Even as someone was who really wanting GGG to win (and thought he did), I thought the commentators were ridiculous. I had Canelo ahead after about 7, while they were talking at that point like GGG was in complete control. I can safely say that the commentator's fanboying didn't change my perception of the fight.

That had enough close rounds that in normal circumstances, I'd be fine with it going 115-113 to either of them. I must admit, I'm pretty salty about Canelo getting a draw and win out of the two fights. It seemed obvious who would get the benefit of the doubt and that is what is most annoying.

3 minutes ago, Neilly said:

115-113 GGG was how I scored it but some of those rounds were tough to call so I can't overly argue with the decision. 

Pretty gutted about the result but credit to both guys that was just an absolute joy to watch. 

Also this. Saltiness from me aside, that was brilliant to watch.

14 minutes ago, kiddy said:
2 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:
Mayweather vs Pacquiao December 8th apparently.

Khan will be gutted.

Surely he's now run out of excuses to avoid Brook?   Big payday before he retires and it'll likely be flat on his back.

You underestimate Amir Khan! He'll be talking about fighting the winner before the end of the week.
Imagine, (I know, it's a stretch), he actually beat Brook! He would be completely unbearable, with Pac-man/Pretty Boy call outs.

I had it 7 - 4 GGG going into the last and didn't bother scoring the last round, a lot of the rounds were very close though especially early ones. Canelo looked more and more uncomfortable as the fight went on. Surprised he got the decision in the end. Excellent bout though.

I really enjoyed the GGG v Canelo fight. I had GGG 115-113 but the rounds were close and I understand If someone would've scored different. I found an HBO link this morning and they said that the newspaper's In front of them had Canelo by 2 going In to the last round.