Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

14 hours ago, gkneil said:

In case anyone was wondering, in the premier event in the boxing world tonight, Lee McAllister stopped Danny Williams in the 10th rd. And knocked Williams down 3 times in the first 5.

Such a sad state of affairs for Williams. I thought he was a right good talent by British standards back in the day (My how times have changed). It's actually quite sad to see him struggle so badly, I'm glad he's retiring. 

Very pleasantly surprised by the boxing on Saturday. A very good night for Hearn all round: 

Good early KOs for Fowler & Taylor.

Benn dealing with Peynaud more comfortably (although not as comfortably as he'd probably hoped).

Chisora & Allen ensuring they're still relevant - will probably wring a few more fights out of them.

Whyte getting a big win and the chance to be matched into world title fights - and probably an excuse to go straight in for April if the Wilder negotiations don't go as he wants.

November or December it’s currently scheduled for. I was hoping for AJ v Wilder.

Joshua is already lined up for September and April at Wembley, assuming he beats Povetkin in September (no given), I’d be astounded if the fight in April wasn’t against the winner of Fury v Wilder if it was to happen November / December time, and I’d be equally astounded if it wasn’t the richest fight (in terms of revenue) in British boxing history, especially if it’s Fury.

Not sure about Fury v Wilder. Fear it might be a fight or so too early for Fury, but then again if he gets rounds in Belfast and then gets a good camp in the build-up to a December fight, it could be a possibility. Either way though, the build-up would be very interesting.

13 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Joshua is already lined up for September and April at Wembley, assuming he beats Povetkin in September (no given), I’d be astounded if the fight in April wasn’t against the winner of Fury v Wilder if it was to happen November / December time, and I’d be equally astounded if it wasn’t the richest fight (in terms of revenue) in British boxing history, especially if it’s Fury.

Not sure about Fury v Wilder. Fear it might be a fight or so too early for Fury, but then again if he gets rounds in Belfast and then gets a good camp in the build-up to a December fight, it could be a possibility. Either way though, the build-up would be very interesting.

Does Wilder not have a mandatory against Breazeale to satisfy? I realise the unification with Joshua would overrule that but would the Fury fight be able to be made in this instance? Unless he tries to squeeze the Breazeale fight in the next month or so then goes for December. 

20 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

The April fight will be Whyte

What a load of bollocks that was on Box Nation this morning. Feed cut off before the last 2 rounds. Between that and BT sport not recording the end of fights. Grrr
Good to see Kostya Tyzsus son in the mix although against a nothing opponent.
This. I recorded it and wasn't sure if it was my cable box playing up!

Is the Kovalev fight on telly tonight?

Natasha Jonas hopes of a Katie Taylor fight went up in smoke earlier. Down 4x then stopped.
Viviane Obenauf came across great, not so much in skill, but effort, performance and personality.