Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I'm sure I read somewhere that the worst thing that can ever happen for a dodgy decision is that the guy who is going to win has a poor start/strong end to the fight, as the judges 'to be sure' have to award early rounds to the one that is meant to win, and then have to award the final rounds to him as well because he has clearly won those rounds. Again. hmm.

I’ve been involved in boxing most of my life, training, competing, watching and coaching. It’s was up there with the most important things in my life for years.

However this last 8/9 months I’ve been absolutely scunnered with it.

The sport is absolutely rotten to the core, steroid use accepted, corrupt judges accepted, fighters avoiding each other accepted, paying twice to watch fights on TV accepted.

There is absolutely no way I am continuing to fund that farce. I cancelled all my subscriptions months ago, I don’t buy any magazine, read any forums or even train in the gym.

I turned that fight on tonight and enjoyed the spectacle but the result at the end just reinforced why I am so disgusted at it.

They are welcome to it. I am not getting involved with it again. The sport absolutely stinks.

I have said it many times before, if relatively low key sports like diving and ski jumping can have 8,9 10 judges, why can't boxing?

Do as they do and discount rouge cards at either end. 

I can't remember the last time I watched a fight with reasonable scoring!

I’m watching it back as had to look after my son last night. I saw the result.

Round 1- Postol
Round 2-Taylor
Round 3- Taylor
Round 4 - Postol
Round 5 - Postol
Round 6 - Taylor
Round 7 - postol
Round 8 - Level
Round 9 - Taylor
Round 10 - Taylor 10-8
Round 11 - Taylor
Round 12 - Taylor