Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

42 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Frampton card is much better than the Khan card for sure.

Frampton vs Donaire. Tete vs Narvaez.

They might be faded, but you have 2 future hall of famers in Donaire and Narvaez coming over here. Donaire is a 4 weight world champion, and Narvaez has over 30 world title fights.

Donaire is a fucking legend, as is Narvaez who has only lost to Donaire and Inoue.

Frampton and Tete both very good too, should be good fights.

Narvaez looks absolutely gash. He has thrown about 3 punches per round and he looks as if he wouldn’t even hit the deck if he fell.

Dodd Coyle was good. Gulf between them was a lot bigger than expected.
Khan Lo Greco was blow out. Lo Greco utter shite but good for Khan/Eddie to build interest in the Brook fight.
Tete Navarez has been horse. One boy wanting nothing to do with it and the other winning in second gear at most.

Few minor scares in the last two rounds aside, a Straightforward win for Frampton as expected, and a decent performance . A good name to have on the record, but realistically Donaire hasn’t had a win of note in over 6 years, so not quite the achievement it may look on paper.

Very interested in the Selby v Frampton fight once Selby beats Warrington though. That has potential to be a cracker. Think Selby wins it.

Few minor scares in the last two rounds aside, a Straightforward win for Frampton as expected, and a decent performance . A good name to have on the record, but realistically Donaire hasn’t had a win of note in over 6 years, so not quite the achievement it may look on paper.

Very interested in the Selby v Frampton fight once Selby beats Warrington though. That has potential to be a cracker. Think Selby wins it.

I'd fancy Frampton being honest. I reckon he'd win a close fight

I'd fancy Frampton being honest. I reckon he'd win a close fight

I think it would be close too, just think Frampton has too many miles on the clock now, and with Selby being as slick and elusive as he is, I could see him eke out a decision.

Watched the Brooklyn card this morning. He’s a total fucking arsehole, so delighted to see him struggle, but from a talent perspective, Adrien Broner must be the most frustrating boxer on the planet. All the skill in the world, but just refuses to let his hands go or fight at any sort of pace, even when his corner are roaring at him for it. His interview after the fight was appalling as well, not only making racist comments about Mexicans, but also getting Martin Luther and Rodney King mixed up while attempting to make a joke about a kid who was nearly beaten to death. An utter moron and a disgrace to the sport any time he has a live microphone in front of him. Sadly he brings in big ratings for Showtime, so will be sticking around like the bad smell he is for the foreseeable.

Gervonta Davis and Jermall Charlo were both Impressive, albeit against pretty limited opposition.