Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Thought that boy was going to have a go there at the start. Became a punch bag as soon as he got hit.

Used to train in the same gym as willie for years when he was a Wee boy. Would rather see him go with a more tried and tested promoter than David Haye who could be a terrible Influence on a young impressionable fighter

How is he an embarrassment? He went in and had a go at a 6,6 18st7 highly skilled elite amateur level boxer and barely took a backward step.

An embarrassment is someone that feigns injury or gives up easy.

Who cares how fat he is? It’s a fight, not a body building contest.

Not everyone can be a world title, he’s out there doing something he loves, making some dough and testing himself against some decent fighters and giving some entertainment along the way. Fair play to him

How is he an embarrassment? He went in and had a go at a 6,6 18st7 highly skilled elite amateur level boxer and barely took a backward step.

Not everyone can be a world title, he’s out there doing something he loves, making some dough and testing himself against some decent fighters and giving some entertainment along the way. Fair play to him

Who said he was an embarrassment? I’d say that’s a harsh assessment.
I was critical of lewison and his condition because, as I said, he is good but is his own worst enemy. If he could get somewhat close to shape, I’d fancy him to beat Sam Sexton. In that shape last night, I can’t see that happening.

I didn't use the word embarrassment but he's clearly not made the most of what talent he has due to not living the life required. People more qualified than me or you will endorse that statement too.

I didn't use the word embarrassment but he's clearly not made the most of what talent he has due to not living the life required. People more qualified than me or you will endorse that statement too.

Few folk do make the most of their talents. The hard workers are generally lacking in ability. The ones with natural ability are often lazy. When you get 2 combined like Mayweather you get something great.

That’s obviously a simplified account but it’s generally quite accurate.

Hard to judged Joyce last night, as he took a reasonably rated British fighter on his debut.

Thought he controlled the pace of the fight, making Lewinson fight faster than he wanted, but enabling himself to take the foot off the gas when he wanted.

That he will undoubtedly need to tighten his defence, increase his fitness levels & increase his workrate were noticeable. However he did cover for his apparent lak of KO power, via an accumulative effect of his punches.

Though Lewinson was a hard b*****d & many might find it hard to stop via KO.

Just watched Hyland/Ormond from round 4, Ormond clearly won every single round, having been down in the third apparently. To me it was an outrageous hometown decision.

Going by that, Hatton's fighter will have to KO Burnett in the main event.

Just watched Hyland/Ormond from round 4, Ormond clearly won every single round, having been down in the third apparently. To me it was an outrageous hometown decision.
Going by that, Hatton's fighter will have to KO Burnett in the main event.

Hyland dominated first few rounds then Ormond took over. Very harsh decision I though. ZZ definitely needs the stoppage to win.

This is really gruelling stuff, making for an entertaining watch. The more quality work is coming from Burnett, but ZZ is just absolutely relentless, like a slightly more skilled Provodnikov. Think it's 4-2 ZZ, but could easy be level after 6.