Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

There was a Behind The Scenes documentary on Sky earlier this month. Hopefully not the same one.

Didn’t see the sky one, apologies if it is the same - I’d guess not though.
AJ? You're such a casual. I'm off to watch the Japanese card I recorded from the weekend.

He beat TBE GOAT P4P#1 hall of famer Dillian Whyte though?

Anyone tuning in to the much maligned Dave tomorrow night for the Haymaker's show?
Could be some half decent fights there.

I certainly will be. I’ve not seen the full card but Joyce Lewison should be good and intrigued to see how MvP goes about his boxing.
And it’s a good excuse to stay indoors most crucially as I’m skint!

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm out for a few beers after work tomorrow night so will hopefully watch it half cut. Ian Lewison gets my attention %10000. A throwback to the Golden Era of British heavyweights - Audley/Skelton/Williams/Spott.

Some classic Friday Fight Night names there! Big Martin Rogan as well.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm out for a few beers after work tomorrow night so will hopefully watch it half cut. Ian Lewison gets my attention %10000. A throwback to the Golden Era of British heavyweights - Audley/Skelton/Williams/Spott.

The fact that A-Force's big retirement fight never happened, therefore robbing me of the chance to support the great man one last time, is probably my biggest disappointment in boxing.

I genuinely loved Audley Harrison. Legend.

Mayweather v McGregor replay was just on sky sports, it was a lot shitter than I remember at the time (and I thought it was poor then). From the 4th on McGregor's arms basically just flopped about as opposed to actually throwing punches, and on that evidence Mayweather would be beaten by any top young welterweight with a bit of speed or spite (Spence, Brook, Khan, Thurman, etc) now, although not really a fair judgement. Hopefully Haye v Bellew II is the last of the circus fights for a while.