Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Are you honestly saying you think Whyte is better than Stiverne? Becuaee I dont think its close. Whyte is GARBAGE

He clearly is. Stiverne is a complete bum. Did Whyte pump your missus?

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

Whyte can be entertaining to watch at least when he gets in a scrap. Honestly a lot worst opponents for Joshua out there. We'll probably see worse in the next 12 months. 

That was 3 and a half years ago though, Burns is worse now than he was then. I would back Taylor to stop him, i don't think the fight happens though.

Burns, unfortunately, has been on the slide since 2013. He is a shadow of the boxer that he was a few years ago. His performance against Crolla was his best for a while but still came up short.

There's no real evidence to suggest anyone is capable of stopping Ricky but he'd certainly struggle to keep pace with Taylor's speed and combinations. Unless Burns could turn the clock back 4 or 5 years I wouldn't give him much of a chance.

Taylor has a real chance to be very, very good.

People on this thread thinking Whyte deserves a title shot :lol:

The man who went life and death with and arguably lost to a shot Chisora, and could barely stop a 85 stone Ian Lewison :lol:

In other words he’s won every fight since AJ.

Amazing that nobody can mention any better names that aren’t either injured or juiced up.

1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Obviously a 2 week notice replacement isn't always going to be deserving, so I couldn't complain too much if it was Whyte, but there are several more deserving fighters, even if the Heavyweight division is pretty thin.

By the time Joshua and Wilder have their next fights, these fighters will deserve their shot more than Whyte:

Kownacki - stopped Szpilka (better than any Whyte win)
Miller - stopped Kassi (who was robbed vs Breazeale) and Washington, and should beat Wach (not superb but still better than any Whyte win)
Breazeale-Molina winner
Pulev (when fit again)
Parker unification

I'd rather Joshua-Wilder happened though.

Do you really think labouring to wins over a Croatian cruiserweight journeyman, area level Allen and Lewison, going life and death with a shot Chisora, and stopping a near 40 year old gatekeeper deserves a shot more than these guys?

Just because he's British, is with Hearn and Sky, and talks all the time, doesn't mean he deserves one.

So Kassi (who was getting played with by Hughie Fury) and Washington, are now better wins than Chisora? My word.

Breazeale-Molina winner? Aye, we're all gagging to see those rematches. Image result for hmfckickback

Szpilka managed to get stopped by Bryant Jennings and fought Kownacki after an 18-month layoff, so another swing and a miss there I'd say.

Just because he's British, is with Hearn and Sky, and talks all the time, doesn't mean he doesn't deserve one.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

34 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Aye, cause we're all gagging to see that Joshua-Whyte rematch too aren't we :lol:

I don't see what's hard to understand about the fact that stopping Washington or Szpilka, who both won several rounds in their world title fights, is better than scraping a dodgy decision against a shot Chisora. Kownacki and Miller are clearly more deserving.

I'm still keen to hear why struggling to beat a cruiserweight journeyman, labouring to wins over Dave Allen and Ian Lewison, scraping a decision over Chisora (whether you thought he won or not, he still scraped past a shot Chisora) and stopping some American OAP means you deserve a title shot more than Kownacki, Miller, Breazeale-Molina winner or Pulev.

Quite baffling really.

If you'd rather see Joshua rematch Breazeale or Molina than Whyte then fair dos but fair to say you'd be in the minority.

You can keep telling yourself Whyte has "laboured" and "struggled" to wins, but he comfortably won all those fights other than Chisora, who he edged out in a FOTY contender. Miller and Kownacki haven't had a single 12 rounder between them. Them's the facts, champ.

ETA: Clearly I'm not talking about Pulev, which is why I said any fighters that aren't injured or juiced up a whole five posts ago. Not surprising you're trying to shift the goalposts though as things aren't going too well for you.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

If you'd rather see Joshua rematch Breazeale or Molina than Whyte then fair dos but fair to say you'd be in the minority.
You can keep telling yourself Whyte has "laboured" and "struggled" to wins, but he comfortably won all those fights other than Chisora, who he edged out in a FOTY contender. Miller and Kownacki haven't had a single 12 rounder between them. Them's the facts, champ.
ETA: Clearly I'm not talking about Pulev, which is why I said any fighters that aren't injured or juiced up a whole five posts ago. Not surprising you're trying to shift the goalposts though as things aren't going too well for you.

There's no doubt Whyte has issues finishing opponents but he's probably the most durable heavyweight out there. The punishment he absorbed in the AJ fight was ridiculous. The real shame is he hasn't progressed in the way many thought he would've since then, even moreso with the revelation he fought Joshua with a shoulder injury that later required surgery.

12 rounders become pretty irrelevant when you're fighting Ian Lewison, amd scraping through a shot Chisora. Szpilka and Washington are better wins, simple as.

I haven't moved any goalposts, as I am not talking about Whyte stepping in currently, and I started this debate. I'm talking about whether he deserves one, you brought the juicing/injuries into it later in the debate. 

I can't take you seriously saying that Whyte deserves a title shot by 'comfortably' beat Allen and Lewison, and having a FOTY with a shot Chisora :lol:

Regardless of opinions, that is just simply very wrong.

You've shown yourself up as the Sky/AJ casual you originally came onto this thread as.

Unlucky, champ.

Where’s you think Miller deserves a shot for beating Fred Kassi and Gerald Washington. :lol:

You’re one of those guys who roots against Matchroom fighters to prove how much of a ‘hardcore’ you are, aren’t you? Absolute minter.

Given that Fred Kassi schooled Breazeale, and got robbed, I'd say that's a decent win. As is Gerald Washington, who isn't superb, but is better than anything on Whyte's record. Therefore that means he is more deserving.

I root for fighters earning their shot, and realism, not against Matchroom. Nice to see you change the subject again though because you can't back up why you think Whyte deserves a shot for beating, Allen, Lewison and scraping past Chisora.

I'm not surprised you haven't backed it up though, because it's actually impossible to, because it's 100% wrong.

Better luck next time champ, I await your next scrambling, idiotic response.

I’ve already explained why he’s more deserving - Chisora is a better win than any of the bums you’re trying to make cases for. “Earning their shot” by fighting 4 and 6 rounders. :lol:

Gutted for you.

Is it just fair to say that AJ, same as Klitschko’s didn’t, doesn’t really have great fighters fight against? Maybe that’s a good thing as he’s obviously less likely to lose but maybe it’s bad as he’s less likely to have a career that we’ll be able to look back and think he really was one of the best...
Basically, this isn’t a new problem for the HW division

I acknowledged this earlier in the thread, saying that the Heavyweight division is very thin, therefore Whyte is far closer to a title shot than he really should be.

It still doesn't mean he deserves one though, but obviously neither do the majority of people who get title shots these days.

I completely agree with this.
FWIW, I’d rather see Joshua v Takam than Joshua v Whyte 2 just now. It’s slim pickings though and honestly, who deserves a shot most? f**k knows.