Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Eddie Hearn all but confirming AJ-Pulev for October 28th in Cardiff. Talk of Whyte-Breazele on the undercard there too. Hopefully see a bit of variety on the card, not just your usual Katie Taylor's etc.

Imagine this leaves Wilder free to face Ortiz around the same time. I see a unification fight next spring.

Floyd Mayweather? Vasyl Lomachenko? That's far too mainstream for any of us, m8. It's Kazakh Flyweights and Taiwanese Super Bantamweights, or get fucked.

Strawweight is where it's at M8.[emoji6] [emoji106]

Pacquiao has pulled out of the rematch with Horne.

Bradley Skeeter tweeting his hat into the ring, claiming he's ranked No.3.
But would be good opportunity for Crawford to move right into prime position in that division.

Haha, floyd in his prime would have embarrassed Lomachenko. 

Bearing in mind that Mayweather probably wasn't in his "prime" until professional fight 35 - 40 and we're currently seeing Lomachenko decimating all in his path with consummate ease (other than the Salido low blow fest, which hs'd have won with any competent ref) whilst becoming the fastest ever two weight world champion, I'm not really sure what you're basing that on other than a "university of lifer - everything was better in my day" shoulder chip.

Both their amateur careers and professional careers to date, Vasyl coasts it.

5 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Bearing in mind that Mayweather probably wasn't in his "prime" until professional fight 35 - 40 and we're currently seeing Lomachenko decimating all in his path with consummate ease (other than the Salido low blow fest, which hs'd have won with any competent ref) whilst becoming the fastest ever two weight world champion, I'm not really sure what you're basing that on other than a "university of lifer - everything was better in my day" shoulder chip.

Both their amateur careers and professional careers to date, Vasyl coasts it.

Pretty much this. Whilst I'm not even sure who to pick as a winner in their respective primes. Intriguing match up imo with neither being "embarrassed"

"Floyd would have embarrassed Lomachenko"

"Vasyl coasts it"

Why do people feel the need to use such ridiculous, OTT language?

Lomachenko "decimating" Rocky Martinez and Walters somehow means that anyone picking Floyd is solely using "everything was better in my day" as their reasoning?

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

"Floyd would have embarrassed Lomachenko"

"Vasyl coasts it"

Why do people feel the need to use such ridiculous, OTT language?

Lomachenko "decimating" Rocky Martinez and Walters somehow means that anyone picking Floyd is solely using "everything was better in my day" as their reasoning?

What chance have we got, we're now judging greatness on amateur records, it's virtually MMA v Boxing again.