Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

If Parker fights Whyte, Hughie Fury or Bellew outside NZ he'll lose. Bookmark this.

Agreed. Any time he's fought anything other than a complete bum his performances have just screamed "Frankie Gavin" at me. Flashy combinations going forward, but no real power behind the punches to push anybody back, and too small physically at the weight to hold any threat off. Obviously no idea how good his chin is yet, but defensively he leaves a lot of gaps, and although he's perhaps technicalIy superior, I think the likes of Chisora, Whyte and Hughie Fury would bully him and either break him down or grind out a decision.

6 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Agreed. Any time he's fought anything other than a complete bum his performances have just screamed "Frankie Gavin" at me. Flashy combinations going forward, but no real power behind the punches to push anybody back, and too small physically at the weight to hold any threat off. Obviously no idea how good his chin is yet, but defensively he leaves a lot of gaps, and although he's perhaps technicalIy superior, I think the likes of Chisora, Whyte and Hughie Fury would bully him and either break him down or grind out a decision.

Aye but he's not British so that instantly adds 100 Hipster points to him.

Bit shite seeing the McGuigans turning down Ohara for Taylor in the summer, can't talk about a guy being easy work all the time and then turn down a career high pay day to fight him. If it was the other way around then everybody would be screaming duck.

Bit shite seeing the McGuigans turning down Ohara for Taylor in the summer, can't talk about a guy being easy work all the time and then turn down a career high pay day to fight him. If it was the other way around then everybody would be screaming duck.

It's a clear duck, and a minter for Taylor/McGuigans.

Great fight. Round 10 will be one of the best of the year.

I know you're not so keen on the lighter weights, Valdez - Mariaga was at 126, you could watch the Gonzales - Rungvisai if you wanted to see another potential FOTY and that's at 115 which is stacked.

Edited by The Diabolical One

I was out for dinner and that, so only got home in time for the Yafai v Muranaka fight, and last few rounds of Warrington v Martinez, but both definitely worth a watch. Not sure on the undercards though as haven't seen any of them.