Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I want to see Joshua win, Wlad was a quality boxer but really isnt as entertaining and is from an era where he all had to fight were some really shit heavyweights.  Even if he loses tomorrow he can retire as one of the great heavyweights and leave Joshua, Fury and Wilder to punch it out to see whose top.

If this goes the distance then Wlad on points but leaning towards an AJ knockout in rounds 4-6.  Dont think Wlad's chin will stand up to Joshua's power which is fucking scary.  As long as Joshua takes a bit of time and doesnt blow himself out trying to finish the fight early.

Unfortunately the odds on Joshua are pretty short, but might get involved in the 4/1 on offer for him to bang Wlad out in 4-6.

18 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Wouldn't say AJs power is that amazing. He doesn't really knock folk out clean just bludgeons them into submission through volume. He can obviously hit hard though.

I think he hits as hard any other heavyweight around just now and is far more accurate than someone like Wilder who just looks to be swinging like a lunatic sometimes. 

Wlad is a bigger puncher than Joshua no doubt about it. Wilder is probably the biggest puncher in the division, he's shite technically but his power is legit.

The same could have been said about Fury, until he pulled out the performance against Wlad.
Such a shame he's a complete bell end & thrown everything away.

John Lambies Doos definitely has AJ posters on his bedroom wall.

Anyone having a wee flutter on the fight or the card in general? Fancy putting something on but not sure.

I do think it's a total 50/50 but gone for the Klitschko knock-out in rounds 7-9 I mentioned a couple of days ago which is 12/1. Think Campbell and Quigg will both win by knock out (wish I'd waited until after the weigh ins to do my predictor), not much value in either though.