Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Do Sky publish PPV numbers? If so, alternative predictions league.

Does this do more buys than:
AJ vs Molina
Brook vs GGG
Klitschko vs Fury
AJ vs Whyte
Frampton vs Quigg

AJ Whyte

AJ Molina

Haye Bellew

Frampton Quigg 

Brook GGG

Wlad Fury

If I had to guess, don't think they get published

I don't know anything about boxing, and I don't particularly enjoy it either but I have a couple of questions. 

Having sat through a bit of a build up on SSN and Twitter mistaking me for a mad boxing fan I'm aware people are fighting tomorrow. I have never liked Haye. Something about him just annoys me. I only know Bellew from him popping up on the Everton Twitter now and again so straight away I thought the chance of seeing a manky little scouser (but my kind of scouser) skelp Haye about would be an evening well spent. Is Bellew any good? He seems to think he is. Surely Haye is past it? As I said previously, I know hee haw about boxing but when he returned didn't he go out of his way to find a waste of space to get an easy victory? 

The last fight I watched was Fury/Klitschko and it was dull dull dull. It was certainly a spectacle, yes, but the hype was unreal and I was working in a bar at the time and it was crammed for the fight, which doesn't happen in that pub. So right away I was curious and thought I was going to be in for something special. I did enjoy it for the sheer spectacle but it didn't do much else for me. But by all accounts the boxing minded punters in that night said it was rotten. Is this the type of fight that could make me feel silly for ignoring boxing my whole life? I will watch it regardless because I can't stand Haye, but I really don't know what I'm in for as you can't trust SSN with this type of stuff. 

While I'm here... That Eddie Hearn guy is a w**k, eh? 

It's a total mismatch. Bellew is a decent cruiserweight who would be beaten by the elite in that division. For this fight he's ballooning up to heavyweight for the first time in his career to fight someone who's not only been walking around as an athletic heavyweight for over 8 years, but is also a bigger puncher and more gifted boxer than he is.

Haye wins this fight whenever he wants. The Fast Eddie hype machine has done its job though.

Another one where I'll feel a bit grubby forking over, even if it's just a few couple we quid each between a few mates.

4/7 for Haye inside 6 seems like a mortgage job to me. Would probably pile into the first few rounds but still have bad memories of doing that with Haye v Harrison and watching Haye f**k about to bring his own bets up.

37 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Haye wins this fight whenever he wants.

This. 

Question for the proper boxing fans, is this "hatred" remotely genuine or all a big pantomime to sell a total sham of a fight?

If Haye really wants to 'cave his face in' I probably would go first round or two but I could equally see them essentially admitting it was banter afterwards.

Aye the hatred is bullshit, there's clips on twitter of Bellew praising Haye on Sky Sports not that long ago. The " these two really don't like each other" narrative seems to be the only way Hearn can sell a domestic fight. Off the top of my head the only time it's actually been true lately was the 2nd Froch-Groves fight and Degale-Groves, the later was a Frank Warren show i'm sure.

Can't make up my mind whether Bellew will come out to try and KO him straight away or run like he did against Stevenson. I'm leaning towards the running so I'll probably stick a tenner on Haye rounds 3 and 4.

Haye's got no reason to fight at a catchweight. Bellew offered him a fight at heavyweight, so he's taking it. As for winning the fight and nothing to gain, Haye gets a reported £5 million. He'd be stupid to turn that down for an easy fight, that will last less than 5 minutes.

I don't know anything about boxing, and I don't particularly enjoy it either but I have a couple of questions. 
Having sat through a bit of a build up on SSN and Twitter mistaking me for a mad boxing fan I'm aware people are fighting tomorrow. I have never liked Haye. Something about him just annoys me. I only know Bellew from him popping up on the Everton Twitter now and again so straight away I thought the chance of seeing a manky little scouser (but my kind of scouser) skelp Haye about would be an evening well spent. Is Bellew any good? He seems to think he is. Surely Haye is past it? As I said previously, I know hee haw about boxing but when he returned didn't he go out of his way to find a waste of space to get an easy victory? 
The last fight I watched was Fury/Klitschko and it was dull dull dull. It was certainly a spectacle, yes, but the hype was unreal and I was working in a bar at the time and it was crammed for the fight, which doesn't happen in that pub. So right away I was curious and thought I was going to be in for something special. I did enjoy it for the sheer spectacle but it didn't do much else for me. But by all accounts the boxing minded punters in that night said it was rotten. Is this the type of fight that could make me feel silly for ignoring boxing my whole life? I will watch it regardless because I can't stand Haye, but I really don't know what I'm in for as you can't trust SSN with this type of stuff. 
While I'm here... That Eddie Hearn guy is a w**k, eh? 

It's a total mismatch. They should not be fighting as they should be 2 divisions apart in terms of weight.

No bellew is not a great boxer. He is quite limited and because of his size will find himself flat on his back out early.

This is a fight which has caught the public attention because the two of them are big mouths with too much to say. Both are Media whores that act like WWF wrestlers and are more interested in fame than proving themselves to be the best.

This fight is terrible for boxing as the hype means people like you, who aren't boxing fans, think that the hype exists because it is the equivalent of an el Classico champions league final and generating attention as it is the pinnacle of quality boxing. It isn't- it the equivalent of an old firm league cup final- 2 bald me fighting over a comb- only gaining any interest because of the hype and dislike. The standard will be appalling.

If you want to see good boxing then Keith Thurman is fighting Danny Garcia in America in the early hours of the night- 2 young, unbeaten boxers at their peak who are pretty evenly matched and the best in their division. But nobody is taking about it because of this utter joke on Sky.

Aye the hatred is bullshit, there's clips on twitter of Bellew praising Haye on Sky Sports not that long ago. The " these two really don't like each other" narrative seems to be the only way Hearn can sell a domestic fight. Off the top of my head the only time it's actually been true lately was the 2nd Froch-Groves fight and Degale-Groves, the later was a Frank Warren show i'm sure.

Can't make up my mind whether Bellew will come out to try and KO him straight away or run like he did against Stevenson. I'm leaning towards the running so I'll probably stick a tenner on Haye rounds 3 and 4.

I think running so was thinking he can run for 3-4 max