Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Anyone in that gym - licensed / making a living from boxing, or otherwise - that let Nick Blackwell put gloves on and let him do anything other than hit a bag, should be given lifetime bans and barred from any form of boxing event forever more. Utterly disgusting that the lad could be allowed access to a ring after what happened to him. Fingers crossed he's ok!

Agreed but Blackwell also has to take responsibility for his own actions. He is a grown adult after all.

1 hour ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Agreed but Blackwell also has to take responsibility for his own actions. He is a grown adult after all.

Some folk need saving from themselves, though. If you're familiar with cyclist Riccardo Ricco, you'll know what I'm talking about.

I don't think Lomachenko is in a very strong division for him tbh.  There's a lot of come forward/pressure fighters there but we don't need to see that style of match up again. Walters was probably the best competition there and he said no mas. 

On the other hand the talk of Pacquiao/Crawford being pushed so hard by HBO is about as disgusting as the recent Alvarez/Khan and Golovkin/Brook fights.  I'm not sure where he goes from here in the immediate future maybe reign supreme for a while in a division that not many casuals really care about and HBO/Top Rank won't want that.

Blackwell reported to have been seeking an Irish licence, whilst sparring behind the back of his trainer. He's now back in a coma.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/blackwell-suffers-brain-injury-8zxw32w59

I'm certainly no expert when it comes to boxing licensing far from it in fact but surely he had absolutely no chance of getting a licence in any civilised society.

22 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

I'm certainly no expert when it comes to boxing licensing far from it in fact but surely he had absolutely no chance of getting a licence in any civilised society.

Unfortunately there's nearly always somewhere that will sanction fights.