Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

See nick Blackwell is back in hospital reportedly in a coma after sparring- idiot.

Anyone in that gym - licensed / making a living from boxing, or otherwise - that let Nick Blackwell put gloves on and let him do anything other than hit a bag, should be given lifetime bans and barred from any form of boxing event forever more. Utterly disgusting that the lad could be allowed access to a ring after what happened to him. Fingers crossed he's ok!

8 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Anyone in that gym - licensed / making a living from boxing, or otherwise - that let Nick Blackwell put gloves on and let him do anything other than hit a bag, should be given lifetime bans and barred from any form of boxing event forever more. Utterly disgusting that the lad could be allowed access to a ring after what happened to him. Fingers crossed he's ok!

What was the guy he sparred thinking about?

Saw an interview with Blackwell a few days ago seemed so down not to be able to box again, get why he'd want to get in for a spar. As J Stewart says though it's on everyone around him to stop it, how anyone could get in and hit him back only a few months after he's out of a coma is beyond me.

We don't know what power was involved in the punches he received during sparring, powderpuff punches with big gloves might have been all it took, not saying he should have been sparring but he wouldn't be the 1st person to lie about the extent of his recovery to take part in sporting events.

Just now, JamieStevenson said:

He must have found a gym where nobody knew who he was (unlikely). It probably wouldn't have taken much to get back in that state so I feel a bit uneasy knowing there's someone out there that wanted to spar with him.

Hopefully it wasn't his brother.

I'm extremely serious. The hypejob will take his 2nd career loss already.

War Axeman.

U ok, brah? Here's Vasyl's reaction to your "War Axeman" shout...

http://tinyurl.com/h9ah4fv

Loma's a genius. I've watched that 7th round five times already, I'll likely continue to watch it over and over again as well. Most talented boxer I've ever seen. Let him fight next and every week please.

U ok, brah? Here's Vasyl's reaction to your "War Axeman" shout...

http://tinyurl.com/h9ah4fv

Loma's a genius. I've watched that 7th round five times already, I'll likely continue to watch it over and over again as well. Most talented boxer I've ever seen. Let him fight next and every week please.

Put the straw away ffs :lol:

Was a close fight. Axeman deserves an immediate rematch.